Windows 10: Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

Discus and support Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This all started after I removed some faulty memory that was causing pretty bad BSODs. When they stopped, I booted my comp and I saw the wifi icon was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HueMungus, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:42 AM.

1. HueMungus Win User

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

This all started after I removed some faulty memory that was causing pretty bad BSODs. When they stopped, I booted my comp and I saw the wifi icon was missing. Past that, when I tried to open up network status in settings, it would crash the settings app. I've been searching around to no avail to try and find any solution to this.

my specs are-

Ryzen 2600G

Sapphire Rx 590

16 gig VisionTek OCPC X3TREME memory

1tb Samsung 870 QVO SSD

Gigabyte GC-Wbax200 2x2 802.11Ax Wifi adapter

:)

2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

3. dg142dg Win User
    My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect networks. then it stopped working and I can't see a wifi icon. when I go to settings - there is no wifi setting. I've tried rebooting, updating drivers, running troubleshoot. nothing works.

4. Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is NOW Gone.

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of Proton VPN icon not showing in next to Wifi option. Please follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to Searchbox next to Windows icon and type Taskbar settings

Step 2:

Under Taskbar settings scroll down to see Notification area

Step 3:

Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar

Step 4:

Then from the list select the Proton VPN and select ON

Please let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:43 AM
Thema:

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

1. Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. - Similar Threads - Network Status setting

2. No wifi networks show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wifi networks show up: I don’t know much about computer software. I’ve been really confused lately with my pc. I fiddled around with some settings and I think I messed it up pretty bad. What do I do? submitted by /u/GoldenBlob [link] [comments]...
  3. No Wifi Icon showing up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Wifi Icon showing up.: I have windows 10 and was connected to wifi before. I turned on my computer one morning and all of a sudden I cant connect to wifi or even see a wifi icon. It keeps telling me the ethernet is disconnected but I never once connected it with an ethernet cable. The following...
  4. No WiFi networks showing up

No WiFi networks showing up: I turned a bunch of things in services.msc from automatic to manual so my computer would run better and now no networks are showing up and I cant follow other tutorials on how to fix because they require you to download stuff and I cant download stuff without internet and I...
  5. wifi icon not showing up

wifi icon not showing up: Before everything became a disaster at first i noticed that the wifi icon is not showing up so immediately went to the device manager to fix it up , I clicked showed hiddend evices and the wifi network adapter is disabled , I immedately uninstalled it and I forgot to tick the...
  6. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening: This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20 seconds later it closes. I have tried everything except for a fresh install... I've reset IE to default, I've uninstalled by...
  7. WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi networks not showing up: On version 1903 I’m having an issue where if I turn off my WiFi (or out it on airplane mode) and turn the option back on it won’t find any WiFi networks. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but it’s so damn infuriating. submitted by /u/mariofan426 [link]...
  8. *WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*

*WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*: So My First Problem Is That Theres No Wifi Icon In Taskbar but if i check the the system icons settings, the network is already on. The second is if i click the network icon is notification panel thing idk it only shows me the network & internet option and airplane mode...
  9. Wifi icon not showing in Taskbar. Available wifi networks not showing up anything

Wifi icon not showing in Taskbar. Available wifi networks not showing up anything: Hello I have seen and tried all the posts related to this issue but none of them work. Is there any way or solution to fix this issue ?...
  10. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening: Hello, I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting Windows in Safe Mode and the application does not close immediately but there is a constant stream of horizontal loading...