Windows 10: Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

Discus and support Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This all started after I removed some faulty memory that was causing pretty bad BSODs. When they stopped, I booted my comp and I saw the wifi icon was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HueMungus, Jan 14, 2021.

1. HueMungus Win User

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

This all started after I removed some faulty memory that was causing pretty bad BSODs. When they stopped, I booted my comp and I saw the wifi icon was missing. Past that, when I tried to open up network status in settings, it would crash the settings app. I've been searching around to no avail to try and find any solution to this.

my specs are-

Ryzen 2600G

Sapphire Rx 590

16 gig VisionTek OCPC X3TREME memory

1tb Samsung 870 QVO SSD

Gigabyte GC-Wbax200 2x2 802.11Ax Wifi adapter

:)

HueMungus, Jan 14, 2021
  2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

3. dg142dg Win User
    My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect networks. then it stopped working and I can't see a wifi icon. when I go to settings - there is no wifi setting. I've tried rebooting, updating drivers, running troubleshoot. nothing works.

dg142dg, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is NOW Gone.

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of Proton VPN icon not showing in next to Wifi option. Please follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to Searchbox next to Windows icon and type Taskbar settings

Step 2:

Under Taskbar settings scroll down to see Notification area

Step 3:

Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar

Step 4:

Then from the list select the Proton VPN and select ON

Please let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up.

1. Network Status setting crashing immediately upon opening and wifi icon not showing up. - Similar Threads - Network Status setting

2. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  3. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  4. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  6. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  7. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  9. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  10. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening: Hello, I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting Windows in Safe Mode and the application does not close immediately but there is a constant stream of horizontal loading...