Windows 10: Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize

Discus and support Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize, no matter which of two NICs or WiFi. There is another Win 10 Pro computer plugged into the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rafisher1, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize

The Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize, no matter which of two NICs or WiFi.

There is another Win 10 Pro computer plugged into the same switch and it initializes the network as expected.

New Computer build:

Windows 10 Pro 2004 fully updated

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-e Gaming

Intel Core i7-10700K

32GB Corsair Dominator 2400 C10

Intel Pro 7600p M.2 NVME SSDs - 256GB for System and 1TB for Data

Intel I225-V NIC onboard

TP-Link Gigabyte NIC Expansion Card

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160GHz

Network drivers up to date

All of the network services are running.

SFC /Scannow for days

DISM

Reset Network 3 times

Set static IP

Eliminated Router, switch, and cables

Uninstalled NICs checking box to remove drivers so new ones would load

Searched the Community and online for solutions, none work.

Network Services to check to make sure they are set to Automatic and running:

• DHCP Client
    • DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Provider Host
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • NetTcpPortSharing
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host

Everything so far indicates this is internal to Windows 10.

:)

Rafisher1, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Winuser Win User

Networking in Safemode

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the adapter and it didn't work. I tried another suggestion I found doing a search. They suggested to click on the Network Icon before booting in to Safemode and connecting to the adapter. The only thing listed was Airplane mode. I guess Windows 10 will not initialize a wireless adapter in Safemode.

Winuser, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Unplug all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.
    2. Try to reboot the device and check the status of the issue.
    Method 2

I would suggest you to perform Power drain by following the suggested steps.

1. Press and hold the Power Button down for 30-40 seconds.
    2. Hold the Volume Rocker up and Power ON for almost 20 second.
    3. Release the power button and wait for next 10-15 seconds.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your Surface and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize - Similar Threads - Network takes seconds

2. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  3. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  4. Taking over the ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue: I have read a lot of posts and tried a lot of different things to resolve it, but no luck so far. The issue is that when I open File Explorer and try to create a new folder, it hangs for 25+ seconds before the folder appears. It's like the system is searching something in the...
  6. Keyboard takes over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard takes over: I rec'd new laptop with Win 10 less than a wk ago. Past 3 days, when I start to type in a fill field, before I can type, I get: --------------------------------------- or //////////////////// or ******************************* Only a restart clears it. Help?...
  7. System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!: I am on a Dell laptop with 512 gb storage with a bit less than half of that full. Prior to the system restore, i ran disk scans to see if anything was wrong and nothing showed up. I also did a full computer scan a week ago using my antivirus and it said my computer was clean....
  8. Camera is changing making all the videos I take over a second, down to 1 second.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera is changing making all the videos I take over a second, down to 1 second.: I have taken a 3-minute video for a school project, but after I took it, the video was only the first 1 second. I am on Dell Venue 11 Pro 710 Tablet, Windows 10 pro....
  9. Scripting for taking local data backup over the home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scripting for taking local data backup over the home network: Hi, I setup a local backup method over my local network using a DIY video tutorial. The video says that the new backups will replace the old backups. The backbone of this method is a script which is scheduled by the task scheduler. I am now trying to replace the script so...
  10. It's taking 25 seconds to login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    It's taking 25 seconds to login: I have an Intel i5-6500, 16GB, and an SSD, and for some reason it's taking 25 seconds for my user account to load. I've turned off a lot of things in msconfig, and it still takes 25 seconds to login. Is there a way I see what's causing the long login? 57089