Windows 10: Network transfer speeds are 4x faster on battery than when plugged in

Discus and support Network transfer speeds are 4x faster on battery than when plugged in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an SMB share on my LAN and from my laptop, speeds transferring files from or to it are 4x faster when it's running on battery than when plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ComprehensiveEcho1, May 30, 2020.

1. Network transfer speeds are 4x faster on battery than when plugged in

I have an SMB share on my LAN and from my laptop, speeds transferring files from or to it are 4x faster when it's running on battery than when plugged in. I'm not sure why.

submitted by /u/ComprehensiveEcho1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ComprehensiveEcho1, May 30, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Network transfer speeds are 4x faster on battery than when plugged in pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 30, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, May 30, 2020
  4. Network transfer speeds are 4x faster on battery than when plugged in

Battery drain much faster

Having problems with my Lumia 640 DS . The battery drains much faster when using high speed networking like 3G services. It hardly sustains for a day. Previously I was on wifi usage and compared to that it drains out much faster. I used to get almost 2 days
    of battery on wifi usage.

Help me out. What should I do.??

HriturajMisra, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Network transfer speeds are 4x faster on battery than when plugged in

1. Network transfer speeds are 4x faster on battery than when plugged in - Similar Threads - Network transfer speeds

2. internet faster speed but download slow speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet faster speed but download slow speed: in 10/6/2023 to 11/7/2023 i have download speed so faster 80 mbps to 150 mbps i'm so happy download game in steam and google more. but 11/8/2023 to now my download 22 mbps to 23 mbps but i lock speedtest show faster 80 mbps to 150 mbps. how to fix it? i want speed faster As...
  3. why is my internet speed faster than my download speed in my windows 8.1 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my internet speed faster than my download speed in my windows 8.1 ?: hello i need help with my download speed my device is windows 8.1 my internet is good but when it comes to download something it takes along time from the longest things that take me so much time are the 1 gb things like they take me 2 hours to be in my device and my maximum...
  4. why is my internet speed faster than my download speed in my windows 8.1 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my internet speed faster than my download speed in my windows 8.1 ?: hello i need help with my download speed my device is windows 8.1 my internet is good but when it comes to download something it takes along time from the longest things that take me so much time are the 1 gb things like they take me 2 hours to be in my device and my maximum...
  5. Laptop battery not charging when plugged in and less than 100%, but ok at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging when plugged in and less than 100%, but ok at 100%: After update to Windows 10 Home 21H1, my laptop battery refuses to charge when plugged in but the charge level is less than 100%. It just drains until the laptop is shut down.When the laptop is off, the battery can be charged to 100% and then it stays there after the laptop...
  6. Battery life draining faster than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery life draining faster than usual: I have been using my laptop alot for online school and playing lots of games, and recently I have noticed that its going down MUCH faster when I play games that it used to, so I found out how to get a battery report and I want to know if this is good for my computer, and what...
  7. Possible to bridge 2 Networks for faster speeds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to bridge 2 Networks for faster speeds?: Hi everyone, I'm currently downloading a game and was wondering if it was possible to combine my landline internet with my cellphone (unlimited plan), so I could download a lot faster? I've found some tutorials but wasn't able to configure them properly. Are there maybe...
  8. Battery will not charge when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery will not charge when plugged in: My Lenovo ideapad 120S will not charge when plugged in. It is a brand new computer and I think it may be stuck in shipping mode. I have unplugged it held the power button 90 seconds and still will not work. I have also pressed the reset button and that didn't fix it. Does...
  9. Battery draining when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...
  10. Same network / LAN W7 transfer speed 10X faster than W10 (1703)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same network / LAN W7 transfer speed 10X faster than W10 (1703)?: Hi there Two Windows VM's (Vmware workstation) connected to the same LAN W7 X-64 Ultimate and W10 x-64 Pro. These VM's are located also on the same physical HOST. Connected Host drive as drive X. Transferring 8GB data files -- around 73 Mb/s (approx 290 Mib/s) on W7...