Windows 10: Network Troubles

Discus and support Network Troubles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ahoy, we recently moved states and I’m finally setting up my PC again. Everything is set up and my machine is up and running. The only problem is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Robert-Dunder177, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Network Troubles

Ahoy, we recently moved states and I’m finally setting up my PC again. Everything is set up and my machine is up and running. The only problem is my wifi always comes up as “No Internet, Secured”. I have tried all the stuff on YouTube and reset winsock and reset the drivers on my adapter(netgear a7000) and release and renewed my IP(in case the new location messed it up). Any last minute suggestions before I throw my computer out of the attic window?

submitted by /u/Robert-Dunder177
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Robert-Dunder177, Sep 30, 2020

2. wireless networking troubles in XP

go into the change advance settings and delete the network cache in there..xp stores a list of available networks in there and if you delte the cache it has to rebuild it

Athlon2K15, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Network Troubles

Network connection trouble

Hi,

This issue can occur from a problematic network driver.

Since your laptop is the only one that cannot see the WiFi network or network name (SSID) of your router, try updating your network driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click on your network adapter and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    • Restart your device and see if the issue will continue.

If these steps didn't work, reinstall the network adapter:

• Follow steps 1-3 above.
    • Right-click on your network driver and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your device.
    • Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Network Troubles

1. Network Troubles - Similar Threads - Network Troubles

2. Trouble sharing drives on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble sharing drives on home network: I have a home network, all devices either wired or wireless. I have a source computer with a folder i wish to share with 2 other computers. It is wireless and running Win 11. I have managed to share with another wireless Win 11 laptop, works great. However, I cannot share the...
  3. Trouble sharing drives on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble sharing drives on home network: I have a home network, all devices either wired or wireless. I have a source computer with a folder i wish to share with 2 other computers. It is wireless and running Win 11. I have managed to share with another wireless Win 11 laptop, works great. However, I cannot share the...
  4. Trouble sharing drives on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network: Hello,Our work has recently come across a network issue which seems to be getting worse by the day. While connected to our internal network, we cannot reach the Microsoft Update Servers to conduct Windows Updates or call any data from their servers if we were to run the...
  6. Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network

Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network: Hello,Our work has recently come across a network issue which seems to be getting worse by the day. While connected to our internal network, we cannot reach the Microsoft Update Servers to conduct Windows Updates or call any data from their servers if we were to run the...
  7. Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting: I have a handful of local folders mapped to network drive letters for ease of navigation. Their mappings are something like \\localhost\c$\Example\Example2 as my V drive.On occasion, these drives fail to connect and/or take forever to connect. I have not been able to pin down...
  9. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting: I have a handful of local folders mapped to network drive letters for ease of navigation. Their mappings are something like \\localhost\c$\Example\Example2 as my V drive.On occasion, these drives fail to connect and/or take forever to connect. I have not been able to pin down...
  10. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting