Windows 10: Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

Discus and support Network -- two computers connected via ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One office, HP, other office Dell. These two computers are connected via ethernet. As of this latest upgrade, the HP can access the Dell, but I (Dell)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristineTimchek, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

One office, HP, other office Dell. These two computers are connected via ethernet. As of this latest upgrade, the HP can access the Dell, but I (Dell) cannot access the HP.

Under "Microsoft account, Your devices" both computers are shown. Drivers are updated. I have changed nothing to any setting except last night the October update installed.

The last update caused a problem as well, and it took four days (!!!) of a level II technician to get it fixed.
    Anybody have a brilliant idea for me. I just cannot be without my computer for another four days.

:)

ChristineTimchek, Oct 11, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 11, 2018
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

1. Network -- two computers connected via ethernet - Similar Threads - Network computers connected

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My two computers are connected via the modem

in Windows 10 Customization
    My two computers are connected via the modem: but network credentials password is not being accepted?? why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-two-computers-are-connected-via-the-modem/af2198a8-d67e-4da0-ad10-61c30d47de91
  6. Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10.

Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10.: I am trying to create a network between my two computers. Each machine is connected via ethernet cable to my router. I can ping from my primary computer and I get a positive response. But pinging from secondary to primary I do not have a connection. Its probably quite simple...
  7. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

Connect two computers with ethernet cable: I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them. I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers. Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other. I followed the...
  8. Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet

Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet: Any tips as to why my networked devices show up when on WiFi but not when connected to ethernet via my Dell USB WD15 dock? I cannot figure it out no matter how hard I have looked. I'm sure there is something simple I'm overlooking. 91559
  9. Why is Ethernet connecting via my guest network?

Why is Ethernet connecting via my guest network?: Win 10 home, 64-bit on HP Laptop. just upgraded from Win 8.1. I have a 2.4MHz Network with a Guest account. My network shows up in wifi as eg. ssidname-2G and ssidname-2G-guest. I can log in and use either of these connections to successfully connect to the Internet. No...
  10. Two Ethernet Connections

Two Ethernet Connections: Yesterday I upgraded my powerline adapters to 1200 models and I now get gigabit speeds on my local network. I have an onboard killer nic chip and a gigabit nic card. I am wondering if its possible to re-purpose the nic card so that its dedicated for something like http...