Windows 10: network & updates

Discus and support network & updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, i have just installed windows 10 pro last week in my laptop that ran windows 8.1, connected my printer to it. it all works fine. now i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klottes, Apr 9, 2020.

1. klottes Win User

network & updates

hello, i have just installed windows 10 pro last week in my laptop that ran windows 8.1, connected my printer to it. it all works fine. now i want to network my laptop & printer with my other computers, all running windows 10 home. 10 pro has the homegroup so I went to connect enter password nothing happened, so I whated to update though Microsoft updates & all I get is retry I have tried it several times. here is the error code I have on the update page 0x80240fff.

Any help would be great, thank you

:)

klottes, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Apr 9, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

network & updates

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

network & updates

1. network & updates - Similar Threads - network updates

2. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  3. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  4. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  6. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  7. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  8. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  9. It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...: At learn.microsoft.com, I have known that RPC connection updates for print in Windows 11 has been available in Windows 11, version 22H2.but there are some issues in connecting shared printers which has been connected in Windows 11, version 22H2 operating system and above.If I...
  10. It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...

It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...: At learn.microsoft.com, I have known that RPC connection updates for print in Windows 11 has been available in Windows 11, version 22H2.but there are some issues in connecting shared printers which has been connected in Windows 11, version 22H2 operating system and above.If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect win 10 dell laptop to network printer