Windows 10: Network usage as a codition for Task Scheduler

Discus and support Network usage as a codition for Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler to automatically Hibernate my PC when it is idle. To save power, cause it is staying powered on 24/7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by José EliasFernandes, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Network usage as a codition for Task Scheduler

I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler to automatically Hibernate my PC when it is idle. To save power, cause it is staying powered on 24/7, I've set the power plan to never shutdown or sleep or hibernate after some time, because I often forget to disable this when I want to let it downloading or processing something. In fact, the idle condition in Task Scheduler works great for anything but downloads, which most times is exactly for what I want it to stay on.

I've read the definition of the Idle Condition that explains very vaguely what it means for Windows 7 and 8 (didn't find anything for Windows 10, so I assume it's the same as 8) which in short says the PC is Idle whenever the user is absent and resource usage is low, so the questions are:

- Shouldn't this "resource usage" consider network as well?
    - If is there another way to use network use as a condition?
    - Is there some way to customize this Idle condition to set at what levels each resource should be considered idle or not

If there isn't any way to do what I'm asking, I'd like to know if is there some third party software for this, and where can I post a feature request.

:)

José EliasFernandes, Nov 5, 2018

2. Network usage as a codition for Task Scheduler

I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler to automatically Hibernate my PC when it is idle. To save power, cause it is staying powered on 24/7, I've set the power plan to never shutdown or sleep or hibernate after some time, because I often forget to
    disable this when I want to let it downloading or processing something. In fact, the idle condition in Task Scheduler works great for anything but downloads, which most times is exactly for what I want it to stay on.

I've read the definition of the Idle Condition that explains very vaguely what it means for Windows 7 and 8 (didn't find anything for Windows 10, so I assume it's the same as 8) which in short says the PC is Idle whenever the user is absent and resource usage
    is low, so the questions are:

- Shouldn't this "resource usage" consider network as well?

- If is there another way to use network use as a condition?

- Is there some way to customize this Idle condition to set at what levels each resource should be considered idle or not

If there isn't any way to do what I'm asking, I'd like to know if is there some third party software for this, and where can I post a feature request.

José EliasFernandes, Nov 6, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Schedules task has slow network transfers?

I have a bat file that I use to backup all my data from one computer to another. They are on a gigabit network.

When I run the bat file normally(by double clicking it), it will transfer fast. Network untilization is usually in the 40-50% range.

Now, if I schedule a task to run the bat file, it transfers extremely slow. Network utilization is usually in the 2-3% range.

It takes multiple hours to finish the backup if it runs as a task and there is any new data.

Are scheduled tasks limitted in some why that might be causing this?

This is Vista x64.

newtekie1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Network usage as a codition for Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Network usage as a codition for Task Scheduler

1. Network usage as a codition for Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Network usage codition

2. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  3. Task to be scheduled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task to be scheduled: Hi,My requirement is that systemwhich flap is down and it is shutdown should turn on daily 7 amIt should open MS Teams and certain more apps.I tried the Windows Task scheduler but No such optionCan anyone suggest any Program for this or guide me for this requirement in Task...
  4. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler: Hey r/windows10, I'm trying to use Task Scheduler, and struggling. I've looked around on the internet for solutions, but either my searches aren't worded right, or this isn't a common question, but essentially what I'm trying to do is make my computer shut down at 2am if I...
  5. Task manager not showing network usage.

Task manager not showing network usage.: [ATTACH] This started a couple months ago and i tried to fix it by going on google and searching the problem, but none of the stuff i tried worked. So i assumed it was just a big and it would be fixed in an update and, well, that didnt happen. i have a Ryzen 5 3600 GTX...
  6. Task scheduler

Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  7. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol: Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available where are all this connection names stored? I...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...