Windows 10: Network Utilization?

Discus and support Network Utilization? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've started using the Resource Monitor to keep tabs on my memory and network usage, and I've noticed that the "Network Utilization" is almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshM_, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JoshM_ Win User

Network Utilization?

So I've started using the Resource Monitor to keep tabs on my memory and network usage, and I've noticed that the "Network Utilization" is almost always at 0%.

So I did a little bit of testing with it; When I was playing a multiplayer game, in a Discord call, and watching a YouTube video, all while downloading a 1GB file, the highest I could get it to was 2%.

Network Utilization? ddd290a7-b767-4316-b84e-0fc10e5130ea?upload=true.png

Is there any way that I can increase the network utilization? And if so, would this make my internet faster?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

:)

JoshM_, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Directory Size Utility

Cool utility that we used to use in the DOS days!

I've got to try it out at home, but here's one of the best features of the old utility:

A bar graph by each folder, listing the relative size of each folder. It was great for flagging large files when housecleaning on a network... or home PC for that matter.

Sasqui, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Network utilization

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to increase the internet connection performance.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

• Press Start, type
      Troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all from the left pane of the
      Troubleshooting window and click on Internet Connection.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Please refer to the below articles and check if it helps:

Wired
    and wireless network problems

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

And, Wi‑Fi Sense FAQ

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the Internet Service Provider for better assistance.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Network Utilization?

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Network Utilization?

1. Network Utilization? - Similar Threads - Network Utilization

2. What do I do if my network utilization is at 0 and wont download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if my network utilization is at 0 and wont download anything: Whenever I start downloading a game or just updating it. My task manager always says 0% network and never downloads it or downloads it at a very slow speed. A few weeks ago it was downloading at 25mb/s and sometimes even 50mb/s but now its only getting a few kb/s and takes...
  3. What do I do if my network utilization is at 0 and wont download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do if my network utilization is at 0 and wont download anything: Whenever I start downloading a game or just updating it. My task manager always says 0% network and never downloads it or downloads it at a very slow speed. A few weeks ago it was downloading at 25mb/s and sometimes even 50mb/s but now its only getting a few kb/s and takes...
  4. What do I do if my network utilization is at 0 and wont download anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network utilization is slow and games crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network utilization is slow and games crash: Recently I installed a new cpu, my pc worked fine for about 3 days then randomly when I would load up cs2, the game would just be in this endless loop, it said network error, I checked task manager, it said 100kbs was my max, it wasn’t like that before, I tried downloading...
  6. Network utilization is slow and games crash

Network utilization is slow and games crash: Recently I installed a new cpu, my pc worked fine for about 3 days then randomly when I would load up cs2, the game would just be in this endless loop, it said network error, I checked task manager, it said 100kbs was my max, it wasn’t like that before, I tried downloading...
  7. Network utilization is slow and games crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.

My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.: It use to work before I updated Windows to newer version? What is the bug?I can see the mapped network drives in File Explorer and move files around and add and delete files but the Backup Utility has no clue?I know Microsoft would prefer us to purchase cloud storage but I...
  9. My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.: It use to work before I updated Windows to newer version? What is the bug?I can see the mapped network drives in File Explorer and move files around and add and delete files but the Backup Utility has no clue?I know Microsoft would prefer us to purchase cloud storage but I...
  10. My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade