Windows 10: Network visibility

Discus and support Network visibility in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got a new modem and my W10 won't see it but does see some others. What can I do? I have rebooted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gardengal TN, May 1, 2021.

1. Network visibility

Just got a new modem and my W10 won't see it but does see some others. What can I do? I have rebooted.

:)

Gardengal TN, May 1, 2021

2. My computer is not visible on network

Resetting the network settings may help reconfigure settings that may help resolve the issue. Since the issue still persists, we suggest checking the Advance sharing settings if network discovery is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings in the left pane.
    • Under the Private section, make sure that Turn on network discovery is selected.
    • Click Save changes.
    Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, May 1, 2021
  3. wortex Win User
    My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, May 1, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Network visibility

How do i ensure my devices on our home network are not visible to others' devices on the same network?

Hello Kathy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

You can turn off the network discovery so that your computer won’t be visible with other network computers.

Follow the below steps to turn off the network discovery.

• Type Network and sharing center in the search bar and press enter

• Click on change advanced sharing options

• Check Turn off Network discovery

• And click apply
    Hope this information is helpful. Please reply in case you have any further issues. I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Network visibility

1. Network visibility - Similar Threads - Network visibility

2. My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network: Since installing W11 update KB5030310 I no longer have visibility of my network storage device that was under File Explorer/Network/????. I uninstalled the update and rebooted. Did not fix. I do however see the storage device under 'This PC' but I am not allowed to delete any...
  3. My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network: Since installing W11 update KB5030310 I no longer have visibility of my network storage device that was under File Explorer/Network/????. I uninstalled the update and rebooted. Did not fix. I do however see the storage device under 'This PC' but I am not allowed to delete any...
  4. my windows 7 have refused to connect to a wireless network yet the network is visible what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 7 have refused to connect to a wireless network yet the network is visible what...: my windows 7 has refused to connect to a wireless network yet is visible, so what can i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-7-have-refused-to-connect-to-a-wireless/5e5c5fd8-7cec-4b23-b405-5675a9322d14
  5. my windows 7 have refused to connect to a wireless network yet the network is visible what...

my windows 7 have refused to connect to a wireless network yet the network is visible what...: my windows 7 has refused to connect to a wireless network yet is visible, so what can i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-7-have-refused-to-connect-to-a-wireless/5e5c5fd8-7cec-4b23-b405-5675a9322d14
  6. not Visible on the Network Despite Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not Visible on the Network Despite Access: 10 out of 80 computers in total are on the same hardware. I installed windows by cloning this 10 computer and reactivated it with the keys in the bios. I chose the hostnames according to the user. only these computers do not appear on the network. There is an access in the...
  7. not Visible on the Network Despite Access

not Visible on the Network Despite Access: 10 out of 80 computers in total are on the same hardware. I installed windows by cloning this 10 computer and reactivated it with the keys in the bios. I chose the hostnames according to the user. only these computers do not appear on the network. There is an access in the...
  8. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10: Hello,I have a couple of older laptops stuck on windows 10. I just installed a fresh version on one of them and now I can't see any of my wireless network SSID's. I could see them before I re-installed. I could see them during the setup install process for Windows. Now I...
  9. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10: Hello,I have a couple of older laptops stuck on windows 10. I just installed a fresh version on one of them and now I can't see any of my wireless network SSID's. I could see them before I re-installed. I could see them during the setup install process for Windows. Now I...
  10. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10