Windows 10: Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied

Discus and support Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got a new Lenovo windows 10 laptop that we are trying to connect to the network wirelessly it does not have an ethernet port. I have the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by josephbuda, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied

Just got a new Lenovo windows 10 laptop that we are trying to connect to the network wirelessly it does not have an ethernet port.

I have the correct name and password logged into the network. The network is visible when using file explorer. However, when I go to open a folder, it is asking for my network credentials. I am inputting the correct name and password as what is on the NAS. I am getting an error stating the the credential is incorrect. All the other computers that are logged in via ethernet are working correctly using the same process. I have tried the SMB fix when you make sure all the boxes are checked. I have tried to change the user name and password. I have tried turning off network password under Network sharing center. Not sure where else to turn.

Before I had the wrong name in the NAS. Once I changed it there to match the laptop name, the network became visible but again clicking on any folder brings up the Network Credential which after filling in is incorrect. I tried no password, the logon/password for the computer and obviously the network password set up on the NAS. What am I missing?

Could the laptop be blocking it somehow via Windows Defender or AVG blocking it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

josephbuda, Nov 18, 2020

2. Credential Manager Access Denied

I'm the administrator (sole user) of my Windows 10 PC yet I get error 0x8007005 "Access is Denied" error when I attempt to access Credential Manager. What steps should I take to correct this error? Thanks very much!

SteveGray2, Nov 18, 2020
  3. J__Gatsby Win User
    Windows 10 Map Network Drive, Not Accepting Credentials, Access Denied.

Windows 10 Map Network Drive Not Accepting Credentials, Access Denied

Summary

On Windows 7 I would map my drives, using \\HTPC\X$, it would prompt for credentials, would enter them, and it would map correctly with read\write permissions.

In Windows 10, I do the same thing, when prompted to enter credentials I enter them and it says access denied and prompts me to re enter the credentials again. Have tried Windows Credentials, deleting, re adding etc. Username and Password are correct because
    they work when RDPing the HTPC.

In Windows 10 they will map, if I leave the $ sign off, but if I put the dollar sign on the end to have read\write, it asks for credentials, when I put them in, it says access denied, and asks for them again?

J__Gatsby, Nov 18, 2020
  4. J__Gatsby Win User

Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied

Windows 10 Map Network Drive, Not Accepting Credentials, Access Denied.

Windows 10 Map Network Drive Not Accepting Credentials, Access Denied

Summary

On Windows 7 I would map my drives, using \\HTPC\X$, it would prompt for credentials, would enter them, and it would map correctly with read\write permissions.

Have tried Windows Credentials, deleting and re adding etc. My Username and Password are correct because they work when RDPing the HTPC, not to mention Im not getting a wrong user name or password, Im getting Access denied.

In Windows 10 they will map, if I leave the dollar sign off, but if I put the dollar sign on the end to make sure i have read\write it asks for credentials, when I put them in, it says access denied, and asks for them again?

J__Gatsby, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied

1. Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied - Similar Threads - Network visible credential

2. not Visible on the Network Despite Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not Visible on the Network Despite Access: 10 out of 80 computers in total are on the same hardware. I installed windows by cloning this 10 computer and reactivated it with the keys in the bios. I chose the hostnames according to the user. only these computers do not appear on the network. There is an access in the...
  3. Credentials Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials Manager Access Denied: Hi All,I am having issues with the Credentials manager. Non of my passwords are saving and it affecting my ability to use certain apps like Adobe Creative Cloud. I can't open the Credentials manager at all even though I have full access to the file. Keep getting the same...
  4. Credentials Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credentials Manager Access Denied: Hi All,I am having issues with the Credentials manager. Non of my passwords are saving and it affecting my ability to use certain apps like Adobe Creative Cloud. I can't open the Credentials manager at all even though I have full access to the file. Keep getting the same...
  5. Enter Network Credentials - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enter Network Credentials - Access Denied: Hello Community!I am trying to access a hard drive on my PC Desktop from my laptop. Quick summary:Both connected to home wi-fi set as private networkPC in question has sharing enabled for the driveBoth computers can see each other on the networkPassword Protect Sharing is...
  6. Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied: Succeeded at getting my PCs connected to private WiFi network *Smile Now when I copy a file from one computer to the other I get the error message "Destination Folder Access Denied." Event Viewer reports error 7023, "The Credentials Manager service terminated with error...
  7. Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied: Succeeded at getting my PCs connected to private WiFi network *Smile Now when I copy a file from one computer to the other I get the error message "Destination Folder Access Denied." Event Viewer reports error 7023, "The Credentials Manager service terminated with error...
  8. Network access denied

Network access denied: I have a small network only two computers. I can see and access files on pc2 from pc1. but can not access files on pc1 from pc2. I got always the message you have to request access permission. I use on both pc's the microsoft password....
  9. Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS

Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS: I am using windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1903 and want to use 6TB WD NAS as Map Drive to my Desktop pc. i already did the following: 1. turned off the password protected sharing 2. uninstall anti virus 3. turned off firewall 4. i add the username and passwd in credential manager...
  10. Credential Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Credential Manager Access Denied: I'm the administrator (sole user) of my Windows 10 PC yet I get error 0x8007005 "Access is Denied" error when I attempt to access Credential Manager. What steps should I take to correct this error? Thanks very much!...