Windows 10: Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.

Discus and support Network / wifi problems with my new laptop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys I just started using my new laptop, I connected it to my home Wi-Fi network and had no problem doing so, but after using it for about 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeggyWright2, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.

Hello guys I just started using my new laptop, I connected it to my home Wi-Fi network and had no problem doing so, but after using it for about 2 minutes, the laptop stopped receiving internet. I thought it was a problem with the router, so I checked my tablet that it was connected to the same Wi-Fi and the internet is working fine. I waited a while, thinking that the problem would solve itself, but it didn't. Why does such a situation arise and how to solve it?

:)

PeggyWright2, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Unable to see a specific WiFi Network in list

I have Windows 8.1. I can see the WiFi networks of everyone in the vicinity. However, am unable to see the WiFi network installed in my home.

The WiFi Network that am unable to see is a new connection. This new connection is seen by all devices (Mobiles etc) but it is.not getting displayed in my Windows 8.1 list.

I have seen other threads on the issue which recommend checking WLAN Autoconfig etc. And have tried those steps too. But there is no change in the outcome.

Can anyone please suggest any solution that migjt work. I am not willing to format my Laptop.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in adv and Regards

Rahul P Sharma

RahulPSharma, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.

WiFi ad hoc problem

I'm creating an ad hoc network to connect my desktop (running Windows 7) with a friend laptop (running XP). So I set the network and in the wireless networks list of the laptop it appear with signal strength "Excellent" but once it connect to the network the signal strength drops to "Very Low". Any ideas where the problem may be? Thank you in advance.

Grasshopper, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.

1. Network / wifi problems with my new laptop. - Similar Threads - Network wifi problems

2. Can't View New Wifi Networks on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't View New Wifi Networks on Laptop: Trying to connect to new wi-fi networks on a Dell Latitude E7240 but they aren't visible. They show up on my phone and I can join them no problem but they aren't even visible under on the laptop. Restarted, turned wi-fi on and off, and tried updating all the network drivers...
  3. Can't View New Wifi Networks on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't View New Wifi Networks on Laptop: Trying to connect to new wi-fi networks on a Dell Latitude E7240 but they aren't visible. They show up on my phone and I can join them no problem but they aren't even visible under on the laptop. Restarted, turned wi-fi on and off, and tried updating all the network drivers...
  4. Can't View New Wifi Networks on Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop: Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any issue. However, although my Windows 10 laptop can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable the wifi doesn't even show...
  6. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop: Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any issue. However, although my Windows 10 laptop can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable the wifi doesn't even show...
  7. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

8. Network and wifi problem

Network and wifi problem: Hi everyone.i am using windows 10 and today an update was downloaded and i installed that.i think it was windows comulative update 20h2 or something like that.after that my network icon is no longer in taskbar and when i am opening network in notification,only airplane mode...
  9. wifi network problem

wifi network problem: i have a windows 10 pro pc and few days ago i purchased a network connection i use wifi adapter in my pc as it has no wifi settings now the problem is i want to connect my pc with my 4g network but it is not showing 4g option in network...
  10. Wifi/ network issues with my new laptop. Pls help

Wifi/ network issues with my new laptop. Pls help: Guys I am stuck in a really peculiar situation please help me out. I just started using my new laptop, I connected it to my home Wi-Fi and had no trouble in doing so, but after using it for around 2 min, the laptop stopped receiving internet. I thought it was a issue with...