Windows 10: Network will not recognize a new computer

Discus and support Network will not recognize a new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a wireless home network with 4 computers, one with Windows 7 and the others with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to add an additional computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by QuintonCable, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Network will not recognize a new computer

I have a wireless home network with 4 computers, one with Windows 7 and the others with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to add an additional computer with Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, Build 18362.1.

My problem: The new computer will recognize and transfer data to all the other computers: however, none of the original computers will recognize the new computer. I have used the "Advanced Sharing" settings to turn on "Network Discovery" for both private and public networks, yet it is not discovered by the others.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

QuintonCable, Dec 31, 2019
  2. zmlc29 Win User

network and internet

this hard drive is not connected to my computer, it is connected to my wireless router.

after scanning for hardware changes as you suggested in step one, there is no usb hard drive
    listed on my computer, either in the device manager, or in the network list in file manager which includes both computers connected to the router. this computer is recognizing the router, internet, and other computers connected to the router.
    it is not recognizing the hard drive connected tot he wireless router.

I checked my wireless router to see if the usb hard drive is discoverable and verified that it is.

zmlc29, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 31, 2019
  4. taward Win User

Network will not recognize a new computer

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Network will not recognize a new computer

1. Network will not recognize a new computer - Similar Threads - Network recognize computer

2. Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer: I think I have tried every thing possible and I still cannot regularly Almost all of the time get my windows 10 Pro computer to recognize an external USB drive on my router and another windows 10 Home version computer. My apple devices recognizes and shares the router drive...
  3. Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer: I think I have tried every thing possible and I still cannot regularly Almost all of the time get my windows 10 Pro computer to recognize an external USB drive on my router and another windows 10 Home version computer. My apple devices recognizes and shares the router drive...
  4. Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer not recognizing networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing networks: So my laptop was recognizing all of the networks around me, but not mine. I tried putting up a hotspot on phone but didnt recognize that network either. Not effecting other devices. Please help...
  6. Computer not recognizing networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing networks: So my laptop was recognizing all of the networks around me, but not mine. I tried putting up a hotspot on phone but didnt recognize that network either. Not effecting other devices. Please help...
  7. Computer not recognizing networks

8. Computer is not recognizing new speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is not recognizing new speakers: Hi all! So I just got new Elegiant SR300 speakers. They have just 2 cables: 3.5mm and USB. I hooked these up to the front USB and jack to get them up and running and unfortunately my PC is refusing to recognize that these are hooked up. The speakers are lit up indicating...
  9. Computers won't recognize new projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computers won't recognize new projector: The short version is I replaced my Optoma projector for my golf simulator and my shooting simulator with a BenQ projector. Now I get no audio and intermittent video connection via HDMI. Longer version: Both of my gaming computers are Windows 10 with Nvidia cards that...
  10. New computer, no wifi networks recognized

New computer, no wifi networks recognized: I just purchased a new HP desktop and it is not recognizing any Wifi networks, even though every other device (including the printer) recognizes both channels from the Wifi router. The pcu will not even recognize the wifi hotspot from my phone. I've tried updating the drivers...