Windows 10: Network Windows 10 & DNS

Discus and support Network Windows 10 & DNS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a network that consists of 5 Windows 10 Pro machines & a Western Digital NAS. I have a couple of the machines that can only be communicated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryMalone1945, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Network Windows 10 & DNS

I have a network that consists of 5 Windows 10 Pro machines & a Western Digital NAS. I have a couple of the machines that can only be communicated to by their IP address. They will note respond using the computers network name. This seems to be a DNS issue, but I don't know how to get all the machines working with DNS. Can anyone give me a clue about what is going on?

:)

JerryMalone1945, Oct 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - "One or more network protocols are missing" and no DNS server

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Reset TCP/IP

One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted.

Follow the steps below to reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select Command Prompt (admin).

• Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

• Reboot the computer and check.
    Step 2: Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select Command Prompt (admin).

• At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps given in the article below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Also, refer to the link for reference:

Wired
    and wireless network problems
    (Applies to Windows 10)

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Network Windows 10 & DNS

dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Network Windows 10 & DNS [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Network Windows 10 & DNS [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Network Windows 10 & DNS

1. Network Windows 10 & DNS - Similar Threads - Network DNS

2. Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS: If I manually assign DNS and IP, the network is identified but there is still no access. I tried renewing configuration but the command is stuck.Like so:I also tried uninstalling network adapter but there is no option to do so:...
  3. Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS: If I manually assign DNS and IP, the network is identified but there is still no access. I tried renewing configuration but the command is stuck.Like so:I also tried uninstalling network adapter but there is no option to do so:...
  4. Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When a PC Is Connected to a Router Using a Network Cable, the PC Cannot Obtain the IPv6 DNS...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When a PC Is Connected to a Router Using a Network Cable, the PC Cannot Obtain the IPv6 DNS...: The router has successfully dialed up to IPv6, and the delivered RA message carries the DNS server address. The router has the DNS proxy capability.***Moved from zh-hans Windows / Windows 10 / ***...
  6. Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...: Hi all,I'm running a Win 11 laptop on the most recent version 23H2 at time of writing and I'm having issues with my laptop copying manual DNS settings I have for a single network to every other wifi network I connect to, preventing internet access.I have a pi-hole set up at...
  7. Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...

Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...: Hi all,I'm running a Win 11 laptop on the most recent version 23H2 at time of writing and I'm having issues with my laptop copying manual DNS settings I have for a single network to every other wifi network I connect to, preventing internet access.I have a pi-hole set up at...
  8. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...: Svchost.exe is trying to reach external DNS servers UDP Port 53 despite local DNS configuration and this results in lagging applications and exposing DNS data to the internet.I have logged outgoing traffic from svchost local IP, windows 10 endpoint: <list of destination IP>...
  9. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...: Svchost.exe is trying to reach external DNS servers UDP Port 53 despite local DNS configuration and this results in lagging applications and exposing DNS data to the internet.I have logged outgoing traffic from svchost local IP, windows 10 endpoint: <list of destination IP>...
  10. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...