Windows 10: Network wireless printer always offline after reboot after update to 1903

Discus and support Network wireless printer always offline after reboot after update to 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since updating 2 computers (both with Windows 10 1809 Home 64-bit) to 1903, whenever I reboot a computer, it always shows my wireless network printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanWheeler2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Network wireless printer always offline after reboot after update to 1903

Since updating 2 computers (both with Windows 10 1809 Home 64-bit) to 1903, whenever I reboot a computer, it always shows my wireless network printer as "Offline", even when the printer is on. I'm 99% certain this was not the case with 1809.

Just waiting a while has no effect - the printer status remains "Offline".

However, if I then turn the printer off, then turn it back on, the printer status shown on the computers changes to "Ready" (or rather "Offline" disappears) after a few seconds.

Obviously, if a status message of some sort is sent by the printer when it is turned on, it is being received and handled correctly by the computers, but it seems that either :-

1) No status request is being sent by a computer after a reboot.

2) A status request is being sent by a computer but the request is being blocked by Windows Firewall.

3) A status request is being sent by a computer, but the request is being blocked by my router.

4) A status request is being sent by a computer and reaches the printer, but the request is not being handled correctly by the printer.

5) A status request is being sent by a computer, the printer is replying, but the reply is being blocked by my router.

6) A status request is being sent by a computer, the printer is replying, but the reply is being blocked by Windows Firewall.

7) A status request is being sent by a computer, the printer is replying, but the reply is not being handled correctly by the computer.

I only have Windows Defender and Windows Firewall - no additional antivirus software is installed. The network is configured as "Private", with "Network Discovery" turned on, "Turn on automatic setup of network-connected devices" enabled, and "File and Printer Sharing" turned on.

As far as I know, Windows Firewall (of which I have no expertise) is configured using default settings, but are there any rules that would affect sending of a status request or receipt of a reply? If so, how should they be configured ? (idiot's guide please - as I said, I have no expertise in this field!)

Are there changes in the update to 1903 that are known to cause my problem? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

:)

AlanWheeler2, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Wireless Printer now offline.

Acquired recently within last two months and had previously established a wireless set up connection between my laptop (win 10) and a HP printer, whilst with my parents over Christmas the PC had a windows update (long one) when compared to earlier window
    version updates, using their router (i.e. without access to my wireless printer). On returning home the established connection is lost and the laptop shows the printer as offline. Printer trouble shooter suggests printer off but is on, none of the office style
    programs give the print option to select the wireless printer. Wireless communications still shows the printer and its IP and the printer itself will work when accessing the HP web page and also responds by sending ink levels back to the Laptop.

Should I start to uninstall and in which order or is there a solution within the Laptop / Windows 10.

If can have some help, but I will need step by step instructions as I'm very unsure of my ablitities.

Thank you Claire

Claire_L0508, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Network wireless printer always offline after reboot after update to 1903

Printer appears offline for one pc in the network?

when you click add network printer are you adding it from a diff PC?

for example.

when i add my 3 printers it will look like this (example)

Add Network printer

epson on theresa-laptop (some IP)

epson on main-frame (some ip)

epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)

epson (some IP)

that just an example. but you dont want to add it from a pc for example "epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)" you want to add it from "epson (some IP)" because if you add it from another system if that system is offline the printer wont be availible. If the printer does not have networking capabilities of its own..meaning that you wont have a printer on its own IP you need to make sure w/e PC the printer is hooked upto is on all the time

Solaris17, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Network wireless printer always offline after reboot after update to 1903

1. Network wireless printer always offline after reboot after update to 1903 - Similar Threads - Network wireless printer

2. No networks after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks after reboot.: While hanging out in a call with my friends my pc randomly rebooted and now my computer won’t show any wifi networks. I’ve tried every suggestion I could find, but nothing has worked so far....
  3. No networks after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No networks after reboot.: While hanging out in a call with my friends my pc randomly rebooted and now my computer won’t show any wifi networks. I’ve tried every suggestion I could find, but nothing has worked so far....
  4. network printers offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network printers offline: I have windows 10 Pro version 2004 and it shows my network printers offline. Everyone else in the office the printers work fine. How do I fix this? Two days now I have been unable to print. please help asap....
  5. The printer is always offline by default.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The printer is always offline by default.: I have to follow these steps every single fucking time I want to print something. Not only is annoying to do it myself but I have to explain it to my parents when they want to use the printer....
  6. USB Printer offline after June update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Printer offline after June update: USB Brother MFC-235c disappeared after June update. Printer offline. Printer not visible under settings printers & devices Printer visible under device manager. Tried uninstalling update, restart, removed printer, restart, install printer restart, and all the other...
  7. Networked Printers “Offline”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networked Printers “Offline”: So we have networked Brother laser printers and HP inkjet a. Never had a problem with them, until we switched to Win10. Now the printers just go “offline” when they feel like it. Sometimes the ports have switched to WSD. Other times the ports are fine and we restart a few...
  8. Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903: Printer Spooler was automatically turned off when installing Windows Update 1903. I tried a series of troubleshooting, the solving was not succeed. Windows Update 1903 was uninstalled, the printer spooler resume and working properly. Is there any solution that can solve...
  9. 1903 update keeps failing after rebooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1903 update keeps failing after rebooting: Windows update prompted me to "Download and install" the 1903 update. The first few tries it kept failing at 5% but I read that battleye could cause it to fail and although I didn't have that running, I did have punkbuster so I killed that and a few other processes and after...
  10. BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot

BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot: After updating to 1903 now every time i reboot i get the BSOD was not a problem before. Can someone in microsoft please help us fix your mess up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-at-reboot/4610dcb5-3f54-4f21-9058-5bbfec6c5a1a