Windows 10: network with windows 10 and windows XP computers

Discus and support network with windows 10 and windows XP computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We use 4 XP computers and one Windows 10 computer. They are on an ethernet network using TCP/IP protocol. One of the XP computer does not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cab_902, Apr 1, 2020.

1. cab_902 Win User

network with windows 10 and windows XP computers

Hello,

We use 4 XP computers and one Windows 10 computer. They are on an ethernet network using TCP/IP protocol.
    One of the XP computer does not see the Windows 10 computer. Symmetrically, the Windows 10 computer does not see this XP computer.

Each of the 4 XP computers see the other XP computers.
    3 XP computers see the Windows 10 computer.
    The Windows 10 computer sees 3 XP computers.

We have determined the IP address of the XP machine which has the problem of connection with the Windows 10 computer. Then, from the Windows 10 computer, we open a command prompt and ping it by IP address:
    ping 192.168.1.12
    we hit enter
    It is successful.

Then we opened the run command windows logo key + R on our keyboard and typed
    \\192.168.1.12
    We hit enter.

But we got a message
    "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.12"

"error code: 0x80004005"

We are wondering what could be the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

cab_902, Apr 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2020
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. network with windows 10 and windows XP computers - Similar Threads - network computers

2. Connect computers under network in the document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect computers under network in the document folder: I have a main computer and a new secondary computer. I am trying to connect both computers. They say they are connected through bluetooth but do not show up under network in documents like it does on the main computer. I have to have these connected to share all the files on...
  3. Connect computers under network in the document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect computers under network in the document folder: I have a main computer and a new secondary computer. I am trying to connect both computers. They say they are connected through bluetooth but do not show up under network in documents like it does on the main computer. I have to have these connected to share all the files on...
  4. another computer is on my network has the same ip adress what should i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another computer is on my network has the same ip adress what should i do: another computer is on my network has the same ip adress what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-computer-is-on-my-network-has-the-same-ip/6738774d-9045-4423-b666-8f211167aa2d
  5. another computer is on my network has the same ip adress what should i do

another computer is on my network has the same ip adress what should i do: another computer is on my network has the same ip adress what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-computer-is-on-my-network-has-the-same-ip/6738774d-9045-4423-b666-8f211167aa2d
  6. Unable to map a computer on the network but can do the folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to map a computer on the network but can do the folders: I have a computer that someone on the network gave me their address to a PC like this \\nameofPC01. I can't map this. but could map the folders within the computer. I am using windows explorer. I could only map the subfolders like \\nameofPC01\folder01...
  7. Unable to map a computer on the network but can do the folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to map a computer on the network but can do the folders: I have a computer that someone on the network gave me their address to a PC like this \\nameofPC01. I can't map this. but could map the folders within the computer. I am using windows explorer. I could only map the subfolders like \\nameofPC01\folder01...
  8. Unable to map a computer on the network but can do the folders

9. My network adapter didn’t work in my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter didn’t work in my computer.: My computer doesn’t connected to the Internet. It says “No Internet access, No connections available.” How am I supposed to open apps when my PC’s network adapter is not working....
  10. My network adapter didn’t work in my computer.

My network adapter didn’t work in my computer.: My computer doesn’t connected to the Internet. It says “No Internet access, No connections available.” How am I supposed to open apps when my PC’s network adapter is not working....