Windows 10: Network won't work with Airplane mode

Discus and support Network won't work with Airplane mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got a new laptop in November: HP Spectre 360:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sculley, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sculley Win User

Network won't work with Airplane mode

Just got a new laptop in November: HP Spectre 360: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-spectre-15-ch000-x360-convertible-pc/16779588/model/20204703. It doesn't have a network port but I have it hooked up to a docking station with a network cable port. The docking station is connected by a port C to C connection so it should be able to handle a lot. The problem is when I turn on airplane mode, the internet won't work even though the docking station is hooked up to the network. My boyfriend looked up what to do in the manual and he said we have to buy a USB3 to Type C cable. Best Buy guy said we shouldn't have to do that since the docking station should be taking care of that. That's what I thought. Can you tell me how to trouble shoot/fix? I want WiFi off as much as possible. Thanks!

:)

Sculley, Jan 25, 2019

2. Windows10 airplane mode

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try these steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet
    icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off
    Airplane mode on the right side.

You may also run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Network won't work with Airplane mode

Stuck airplane mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with airplane mode turned on your computer.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What happens when you try to turn off Airplane mode?
    • How exactly are you trying to connect the computers to access the printer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

[*]Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
    [*]
    Method 1: Turn off the Airplane mode

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on Settings window
    • Go to Network icon.
    • Choose Network & Internet category.
    • The second setting on the left column is Airplane mode.
    • Turn it Off

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft support article and check if it helps.

Computer that has VPN software installed can't detect wireless network after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back t us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Network won't work with Airplane mode

1. Network won't work with Airplane mode - Similar Threads - Network won't Airplane

2. Airplane mode hotkey not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode hotkey not working: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm facing an issue with the airplane mode hotkey F7 on my Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop. After performing a clean restore, the hotkey has stopped functioning. I've searched for suitable drivers on the Lenovo website...
  3. Airplane mode hotkey not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode hotkey not working: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm facing an issue with the airplane mode hotkey F7 on my Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop. After performing a clean restore, the hotkey has stopped functioning. I've searched for suitable drivers on the Lenovo website...
  4. Airplane mode hotkey not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  6. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  7. Airplane mode won't turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode won't turn off: I've been trying to turn airplane mode off because it's not allowing me to connect to the wifi wirelessly. I have tried everything I could online but nothing seems to work. It does appear differently on my computer as opposed to other websites I've seen....
  8. Only airplane mode on network

Only airplane mode on network: [IMG]My network tab only shows airplane mode and nothing else i’ve tried going into services and restarting WLAN Autoconfig tried almost everything i saw on the web but nothing seems to be working. It was working fine last night. As u can see from the photo my network tab...
  9. Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode: Hi, I am not able to turn off Airplane Mode for my laptop Lenovo Yoga 520. Can someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/4c349a97-f2dc-4484-96a8-4efbc542ada1
  10. Wifi Working in Airplane mode

Wifi Working in Airplane mode: [ATTACH] Even if I turn on Airplane mode ,My wifi works and i have access to internet. The time I am writing about this problem, my Airplane mode is switched on but still I can use internet through wifi. I need a permanent solution of this problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP SPECTRE 360 WONT CONNECT TO AIRPLANE