Windows 10: Network/Workgroup Sharing

Discus and support Network/Workgroup Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sirs: I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaleHoke, Jun 5, 2019.

1. DaleHoke Win User

Network/Workgroup Sharing

Sirs:

I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have permission to access (the shared directory)" on the other computer.

I enabled all sharing and permissions that I can find and still not success. I even tried disabling the Firewalls on both computers. Nuttin works ! ! !

Any ideas ? ? ? ?

hoke

:)

DaleHoke, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Sgooter Win User

Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network

I'm John and I'm unable to share a folder on my PC with a specific person on a different PC on our home workgroup network. I can share the folder with Everyone, but Windows fails to find the specific user on our home network. We have 3 Win 10 PCs on our home network: MaryPC (user account is Mary), JohnPC (user account is John), and TheaterPC (user account is JM), and all are visible on File Explorer on all PCs. The Workgroup name is Golden. We do not use any log-in credentials to access any of these PCs; i.e. no usernames nor passwords are required nor do they exist.
    I'm able to share my Music, Pictures, and Video folders with Everyone (with R/W permissions) in the Golden Workgroup. However, I am unable to share my Medical folder (for example) with Mary only. When I try to share this folder with a specific person (by trying to add Mary), Windows responds that it is unable to find user Mary. In trying to add Mary to the list of specific persons, I've tried numerous combinations of Mary and/or Golden/MaryPC/Users/Mary to no avail. This same problem exists on MaryPC and on the TheaterPC when trying to share a folder from those PCs to a specific person on another networked PC. Sharing a folder with Everyone works fine across the Workgroup, but sharing a folder with a specific person/user on the network is hitting a brick wall. Any solution ideas?

Sgooter, Jun 5, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    How to have my workgroup appear on the drop-down networks menu

'Workgroup' refers to a collection of computers, but it's only a name. You might use it for internal administration, but a workgroup is not something that's separately accessible as a unit, which is why you don't see your workgroup name in the networks list.
    That list is for networks

With that said, networks are divisible into subnetworks - subnets, for short - so if you re-made your workgroup into a subnet then it would show up in the list of networks.

Setting up a subnet is not that difficult but you'll have to spend some time learning how to do it, which means learning the basics of networking and the basics of IP addressing. It's beyond the scope of this forum, which is for Windows.

However, none of that is necessary if all you want to do is share files. That's easily enough accomplished with Windows' own built-in file sharing capability.

S_and_S, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Network/Workgroup Sharing

Windows 10 File Sharing on Workgroup Network

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide more information to help you better :

• Are you on a Domain Network?

• Have you installed any third party security software on your computer?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps in the article below and check if it helps you to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...6&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 2:

I suggest you to disable third party security software if any installed on your computer and check if you can reset the computer to start normally.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you do have to temporarily disable it to
    install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network during the time your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Network/Workgroup Sharing

1. Network/Workgroup Sharing - Similar Threads - Network Workgroup Sharing

2. Windows 2019 Workgroup - granting shared folder permission from network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2019 Workgroup - granting shared folder permission from network: I have a workgroup server and shared a folder. Granted a user A to have full permission. This was done at the server.From network, when A access the folder and try to grant permission for user B by clicking the Find Now, A cannot view any users that created in this workgroup...
  3. is workgroup share encrypted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is workgroup share encrypted?: hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and password encrypted?or plain text?10x...
  4. is workgroup share encrypted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is workgroup share encrypted?: hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and password encrypted?or plain text?10x...
  5. is workgroup share encrypted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 10 JUN2020 Network shared folders WorkGroup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 JUN2020 Network shared folders WorkGroup.: HI, Trying to RE share a folder on my WIN 10 Pro machines No Home or 32 bit versions, no Homegroup involved. All "Domain" related answers, I state now, are useless in my situation. I don't want to start handling domain admin privileges about just for a network shared...
  7. Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup"

Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup": Hello, have two machines, running Win 10 Home, both I think are called 32 bit. One machine I use for myself, writing, personally created music, financial etc, the other is used by us both for e-mails, and other information. I had a kind of partial sharing between machines...
  8. Small Network/Workgroup

Small Network/Workgroup: How di I create \Windows 10network at my office to share files, printer and internet access between 2 or more laptops running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-networkworkgroup/352296a6-51d4-43fc-b293-0b50ec215846
  9. Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network

Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network: I'm John and I'm unable to share a folder on my PC with a specific person on a different PC on our home workgroup network. I can share the folder with Everyone, but Windows fails to find the specific user on our home network. We have 3 Win 10 PCs on our home network: MaryPC...
  10. Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares

Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares: I have a relatively simple network that consists of a couple Windows 10 PCs, Android devices and Raspberry Pis. For some reason I cannot access the shares provided by the PIs from anything but the android devices. It says they are in WORKGROUP (using Kodi) but they simply...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect windows 10 machine to workgroup