Windows 10: Network

Discus and support Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer, and am needing to transfer a large amount of files from my Windows 8 computer to the new Windows 10 one. They are on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Serendipiity_, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Network

I recently got a new computer, and am needing to transfer a large amount of files from my Windows 8 computer to the new Windows 10 one. They are on separate networks, and I have no idea how to get them onto the same one. None of the settings make sense to me in windows 10 format as I have always used windows 8, and they literally have none of the same settings. It looks as if it should be as simple as just adding the network to my new computer so they can both be on it, but it won't give me any option to do so.

:)

Serendipiity_, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Network

1. Network - Similar Threads - Network

2. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  3. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  4. Cant show available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant show available networks: My windows 10 computer wont allow me to show availiable networks. So whenever i press “Show available networks” the window to show the networks doesnt pop up. This is also the case whenever i press the windows icon, the menu doesn’t pop up....
  5. Cant show available networks

Cant show available networks: My windows 10 computer wont allow me to show availiable networks. So whenever i press “Show available networks” the window to show the networks doesnt pop up. This is also the case whenever i press the windows icon, the menu doesn’t pop up....
  6. Cant show available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  8. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  9. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network": Windows 10 Pro 22H2In Windows explorer, when Network is selected, "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect" is displayed. Despite this, al other network systems are visible. Clicking on the "Click to connect..." does nothing.The Network & Internet...