Windows 10: networked computers disapear once again after update.

Discus and support networked computers disapear once again after update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after latest update computers not visable on network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillVerheijen, Oct 16, 2019.

1. networked computers disapear once again after update.

after latest update computers not visable on network.

:)

BillVerheijen, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Eric2139 Win User
    How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Oct 16, 2019
  4. taward Win User

networked computers disapear once again after update.

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

networked computers disapear once again after update.

1. networked computers disapear once again after update. - Similar Threads - networked computers disapear

2. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  3. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  4. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WDF_VViolation once again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDF_VViolation once again: Hello,im having hard time with my Surface laptop 3 not tablet , i was forced to reinstall the system several times already... bc fresh system allows me to work first few hours :... after then i gets somehow update on drivers and simply crash - blue screen with an error on...
  6. Cannot see networked computers after Microsoft updates AGAIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see networked computers after Microsoft updates AGAIN: I have tried every fix posted, to get my networked computers to see each other to no avail. Every time I manage to fix that, a new "update" gets released and I get sent right back to square one. How can we solve this so I don't have to keep fixing what your updates screw up?...
  7. Software/Driver disapeared after update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software/Driver disapeared after update: There was a recent update including Servicing stack/cumulative update for windows 10. I am now missing multiple different software and drivers. Is this due to the update? Also is there any where to go to restore them or get them back?...
  8. No audio output once again after Window update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output once again after Window update: This occurred a couple days ago after updating a .NET Framework plus other updates that day. The last fix suggested from here a few months ago worked, now it doesn't. 1. No audio output device installed 2. Troubleshoot A. Realtek hd audio has a driver problem...
  9. once again can't see computers on network

once again can't see computers on network: this seems to happen over and over with new versions of windows I am running windows version: Win32NT 10.0.17134.0 Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 I have shared documents folder with defaults and I have created a special user with r/w access to documents I have turned on...
  10. Windows 10 networking woes once again...

Windows 10 networking woes once again...: For the past few days or so I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem with LAN connectivity between two PCs: my laptop (ThinkPad T450s) and my self-built desktop. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, build 10586. Initially my problem was the infamous "one or...