Windows 10: Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install

Discus and support Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a FULL CLEAN INSTALL, and I still can't see the computers in Win 10 File Explorer. Did all the suggested fixes. Private, share, 8-10 different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by glmccready, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install

I did a FULL CLEAN INSTALL, and I still can't see the computers in Win 10 File Explorer. Did all the suggested fixes. Private, share, 8-10 different Services changes, SMB change. Then even did another TOP clean reinstalls. The one computer can't even see itself consistently, 3 clean installs. Did a "restore" point on the "server", after a clean, and it still didn't "re-see" itself. So far on the "server" which has 2 backups, it is juts a **** shoot whether it appears. It still doesn't appear on the other "clean" computer, which I have updated with programs again. It still can see "itself". I can access the other computer with the IP, but I use the other computer "server" to store my massive amount of photos, and can't "see" the photos with the IP, only the name.

I actually "paid" MS about 4 years ago to fix this, a my other house. Only thing different is thee Orbi router, and a few dumb gig switches. Netgear gig GS208

We moved into a one story becasue I'm in a wheelchair about 1/2 the time, ALS like muscle disease, which makes it tough getting between the two computers, to try an fix, 2 steps, which is like 5 miles some days.

MS doesn't even respond to my last two "put your info above this line" tickets. I think they are disgusted with me. I just rebuilt both computers, x570 mb, after the update corrupted BOTH my SSD's, which were small. So now I have 2GB SSDs' and all new hardware, so no excuses about old drivers. I don't have identical GPUs but wonder how that could make a difference? MS also "lsot" my emails, in "live" older than 2 years. They did find and restore them for me, and blamed Apple email on my Ipads/iPhone, 4 of them.

I even bought a new SurfacePro, so I could use the keyboard in bed, but can't access my photos. So incredibly frustrated. Just sit in front of my computer or in bed all day, on a ventilator 20 hrs a day. Internet works fine, I can connect access the worlds securely, but not 50 feet away.

Any ideas?????

:)

glmccready, Feb 3, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Feb 3, 2021
  3. hpup10 Win User
    PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro

I have 8 computers on a Network running MS Windows 10 Pro and all of them access a shared folder on a server computer. Now, 2 of the computers are no longer visible on the network after MS updated the computers during the night. The Windows Updates were:
    Update for Windows 10 V1607 KB3211320
    Update for Adobe Flash Windows V10 1607
    Feature Update for Windows 10 v1607

For example, using Windows File Explorer, I would click on "Network" and it would list all of the computers on our network. At that point I would click on the "Server" computer and a list of the folders that I have access to would be displayed. Now, the Server computer is no longer visible on the network using Windows File Explorer. I am confident that the culprit is Windows automatic update because this happened once before on another machine and the problem was resolved after I removed the MS updates.

Does can anyone suggest a solution to my problem which doesn't involve removing the updates? I am reluctant to remove the updates again because I know it is important to remain current and I am worried a subsequent update will cause a repeat of the problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

hpup10, Feb 3, 2021
  4. rss81 Win User

Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install

1. Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install - Similar Threads - Networked Computers visible

2. Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install: Hi,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 build 19044What I encountered was that neither the network computers nor storage was listed when viewed with File Explorer > My PC. Only the media devices were listed under Network Locations.I googled the problem extensively and...
  3. Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install: Hi,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 build 19044What I encountered was that neither the network computers nor storage was listed when viewed with File Explorer > My PC. Only the media devices were listed under Network Locations.I googled the problem extensively and...
  4. Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10

Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10: Dears,hope you are doing well ,we upgrade our PCs from win 7 to 10 on our domain environment , and we can only view max 8 PCs on network copmuters explorer ,we also applied all the below steps at all pcs :Upgrade Windows 10 to the latest versionTURN ON THE NETWORK...
  6. Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10: Dears,hope you are doing well ,we upgrade our PCs from win 7 to 10 on our domain environment , and we can only view max 8 PCs on network copmuters explorer ,we also applied all the below steps at all pcs :Upgrade Windows 10 to the latest versionTURN ON THE NETWORK...
  7. Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer not visible in network folder

Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  9. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  10. my computer is not visible on network

my computer is not visible on network: Hello I have problem with my computer. I can see other computers on "Network", but others can't see me. If I try to connect to other computer i got this error Error code 0x80070035...