Windows 10: Networked devices and icons

Discus and support Networked devices and icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am currently running version 20H2 but this is an ongoing issue. I have on pc that has Network sharing enabled and I have also enabled SMB 1.0. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeff Barnett, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Networked devices and icons

I am currently running version 20H2 but this is an ongoing issue. I have on pc that has Network sharing enabled and I have also enabled SMB 1.0. The problems is that I have 2 pc; and 3 servers that show up when I clicked Network. Prieviously I was able to see several raspberry pi's,2 VM's and 2 NAS on my network. If I duable SMB reboot and renable it and reboot a second time everything shows up but after about 5 minutes there are gone again. I am at a loss as to what is happening because I have another PC running the same build 20H2 and this pc is not having the same issue. I have tried several things from Google including changing some of the services as suggested but nothing works. I really do not want to do a reinstall and am at a loss as to what to do

:)

Jeff Barnett, Nov 11, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Carnivore Win User
    What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Networked devices and icons

No Network/WiFi icon

Hi,

An outdated driver or corrupted system file can cause connection issues. Let's troubleshoot this by running the
    Network Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help us to identify the cause of the issue and fix it at the same time.

To run the troubleshooter:

• First, in the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter.
    • Then, select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Lastly, follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the issue.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following:

Download and run the easy fix solution: Find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.

Update the network adapter driver.

To do this:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters, then click network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update driver
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, select Start, then click
      Power.
    • Select Restart if you're asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

Note: If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.For more troubleshooting steps, please visit these article: Fix network connection issues in
    Windows 10.

For more troubleshooting steps, please visit these article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Marvelos Reg, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Networked devices and icons

1. Networked devices and icons - Similar Threads - Networked devices icons

2. How can I change the icons for the devices in the Network?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the icons for the devices in the Network?: I am familiar with changing folder and file icons. However, I can't find a way to change the icons that are seen when viewing the Network window. For example, I have a network storage device WDMyCloud. I have three of my PC's running Windows 10 Home showing the correct...
  3. Network icon

Network icon: Hi, Is it possible to change the network icon in the taskbar? 10.0.19041 build 19041 Thanks 169173
  4. windows network icon no network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows network icon no network: I have been having this problem again and again please help me out already tried uninstalling from device manager network driver then works fine then again same problem https://imgur.com/9rTra7W...
  5. windows network icon no network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows network icon no network: I am fed up with this problem I have reinstalled windows 4 times because of this now its same again I CAN VISIT SITES BUT NETWORK ICON SAYS NO NETWORK what causes this again and again I really do not know please don't advise me to repair windows already done it 10 times...
  6. Network Icon

Network Icon: The network icon on my taskbar has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/network-icon/7a73346b-5deb-4aec-892b-9bc672399a28
  7. Change Icons of Network devices?

Change Icons of Network devices?: Hi, How can I change the icons of: 1. Canon (Networked) Wifi printer? 2. Syno DS1812 NAS [img] Right click does not let met change the icon. TIA! Cheers 34730
  8. Network Icon

Network Icon: With no changes to my computer, the network icon has vanished from the notification area. ...When in settings, notification/quick actions, I am unable to turn on the Network Icon (the option is greyed out)? 38090
  9. Network Icon

Network Icon: A white circle appears sometimes above the network icon. It will then go awsy. It doesn't appear all the time. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks. 21295
  10. Network Icon

Network Icon: How do you remove a media device from Networks? [img] 68884