Windows 10: Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print

Discus and support Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have a Brother HL-5340D printer that has been connected wired to my husband's computer. Before a Microsoft update, I was able to print via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Susan RR, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Susan RR Win User

Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print

We have a Brother HL-5340D printer that has been connected wired to my husband's computer. Before a Microsoft update, I was able to print via the network. After that, the printer always showed as offline. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, and my husband spent some time on my computer and was able to get the printer to show as online. But when I try to print, it takes the command and then, some time later, I get a message that it's unable to print. Then the printer icon shows Error, x documents waiting.We've tried everything we've seen on this site, but the only way I'm able to print

:)

Susan RR, Jun 20, 2024
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

What type of printers are they? Show a screenie of the http web page it offers. Use something like softperfect's netscan, go options, additional, check "check for open TCP ports and add 21,80,443,9100. Make sure the same result appears for all 4 printers. Post a screenie.

PS. I dont think this is a drivers issue. It's a fault network setup (on the printer) or a firewall/switch acting in between you and the printer. The printer obviously isnt dead if it can run and print diagnostics pages from the control panel.

Completely Bonkers, Jun 20, 2024
  4. Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print

Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print

1. Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print - Similar Threads - Networked printer shows

2. Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked printer shows online, but refuses to print: We have a Brother HL-5340D printer that has been connected wired to my husband's computer. Before a Microsoft update, I was able to print via the network. After that, the printer always showed as offline. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, and my husband spent some...
  3. Network printer online, but is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printer online, but is not recognized: I have a Cannon network laser printer and have verified that it is on line and connected to the network. I am unable to print from any program, it says when it does that the "Print Spooler is not running, however when I go to the services it shows that the spooler is running....
  4. Network printer online, but is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network printer online, but is not recognized: I have a Cannon network laser printer and have verified that it is on line and connected to the network. I am unable to print from any program, it says when it does that the "Print Spooler is not running, however when I go to the services it shows that the spooler is running....
  5. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  6. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  7. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Printer refuses print or scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer refuses print or scan: Using a usb printer from recent years on my old framework having windows 8 introduced yet now on new work PC windows 10 installed on it I can't print or scan. [Brother HL- B2000D] PC works fine on my office printer however on my home printer it don't work. CD...
  9. Printer status ONLINE but will not print.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer status ONLINE but will not print.: Canon printer installed properly. It is set up without issue. Spent hours on the phone with Canon support to confirm printer is not the problem. Have updated drivers, uninstalled and re-installed printer. Still, every time I try to print a test page or anything, I get an...
  10. Microsoft Word refuses to show my printer in the print dialogue box. The printer is added...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Word refuses to show my printer in the print dialogue box. The printer is added...: Hi, As I tried to print my homework for class, when I selected options to look for the Canon printer it is not there. So I click add printer and it comes up with an error box that says, "The Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable."...