Windows 10: Networked Printers “Offline”

Discus and support Networked Printers “Offline” in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So we have networked Brother laser printers and HP inkjet a. Never had a problem with them, until we switched to Win10. Now the printers just go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throw_away_account43, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Networked Printers “Offline”

So we have networked Brother laser printers and HP inkjet a. Never had a problem with them, until we switched to Win10. Now the printers just go “offline” when they feel like it.

Sometimes the ports have switched to WSD. Other times the ports are fine and we restart a few times and the printers just start working again.

Does anyone have a direction they can point me in to stop this madness? With 200 people to support, running around and fixing these printers is killing me.

submitted by /u/throw_away_account43
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throw_away_account43, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Printer appears offline for one pc in the network?

when you click add network printer are you adding it from a diff PC?

for example.

when i add my 3 printers it will look like this (example)

Add Network printer

epson on theresa-laptop (some IP)

epson on main-frame (some ip)

epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)

epson (some IP)

that just an example. but you dont want to add it from a pc for example "epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)" you want to add it from "epson (some IP)" because if you add it from another system if that system is offline the printer wont be availible. If the printer does not have networking capabilities of its own..meaning that you wont have a printer on its own IP you need to make sure w/e PC the printer is hooked upto is on all the time

Solaris17, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Networked Printers “Offline”

Printer appears offline for one pc in the network?

Network was just fine before we quit for the holidays.
    Now printer works on 3 out of 4 computers (2 running XP and 2 running 7).
    For the main pc (the one which I use most) the printer appears offline.
    It doesn't appear so on the other pc's. *Confused Networked Printers “Offline” :confused:

Networked Printers “Offline” Printer.jpg

Any clue what I can do? I'm not that familiar with networking *Eek! Networked Printers “Offline” :eek:

Black Panther, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Networked Printers “Offline”

1. Networked Printers “Offline” - Similar Threads - Networked Printers “Offline”

2. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  3. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  4. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. network printers offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network printers offline: I have windows 10 Pro version 2004 and it shows my network printers offline. Everyone else in the office the printers work fine. How do I fix this? Two days now I have been unable to print. please help asap....
  6. Network printer connected, but shows as offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printer connected, but shows as offline: I have one user who is connected to 3 RICOH MP 4055 printers. For some reason they are all showing offline and he's the only person with this problem in the office. Any advice?...
  7. Network Printers going offline randomly

Network Printers going offline randomly: I am supporting an office of about 15 users. All the users upgraded or received new Windows 10 machines last year. All Dell. Late in the year, their network printers from the print server would display offline. Restarting the local print spooler fixes it, but it keeps...
  8. Printer "Offline"

Printer "Offline": Trying to print but printer queue shows printer "offline". Why can't I connect?? Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline/eef61e54-f4e7-47cb-abc8-4fe7a980a178
  9. Printer offline

Printer offline: Printer is offline and I can't get it back online. Went to settings and printer, and selected print offline. It didn't change to online. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-offline/1a7645c6-c5cd-4e1c-a484-ccc2231dabf8
  10. printer offline

printer offline: 1. how do I make my printer online w windows 10?? usb plugged in and wont print. 2. I want wireless but was on hours last night w no luck. please help tutorial for 5...