Windows 10: Networked Server Not Visable

Discus and support Networked Server Not Visable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, We have a fairly crude network in place at work with a main server and 8 desktops which all have their own hard drives but also access a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scottvsaunders, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Networked Server Not Visable

Hi,

We have a fairly crude network in place at work with a main server and 8 desktops which all have their own hard drives but also access a separate space on the main servers hard drive called the "S" drive. This is the space where group files are stores and backups of each desktop are kept just in case.

For some reason, this "S" drive is no longer showing when I try and map it via my own laptop connected to the same network.

Other computers in the building are showing up apart from the server which seems odd.

Anything that I need to change / tweak at my end ?

:)

scottvsaunders, Aug 25, 2016

2. cannot create or join homegroup on my computer

changed modem,reinstalled adaptor driver ,computer still returns note "cannot create homegroup on this computer"network is visable,

other computers on network can create homegroup, computer connected by lan

Event Log reports, Schannel error the certificate reciveied from the remote server was issued by a untrusted certificate authority

,because of this, non of the data contain in the certifcate can be validated

ArthurCockayne, Aug 25, 2016
  3. It is visable in windows 7 file explorer, but not visable in windows 10 file explorer.

<Original title: Windows explorer>

Hi

I have a network drive plugged into my router. It is visable in windows 7 file explorer, but not visable in windows 10 file explorer. What do I have to do to get to my files when using windows 10? With windows 7, I plugged it in and it was visable and I
    did not have to do anything.

Dick

Richard Lindmeier, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

Networked Server Not Visable

1. Networked Server Not Visable - Similar Threads - Networked Server Visable

2. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  3. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  4. TPM is enabled but not visable to Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM is enabled but not visable to Windows: Hey there, I have TPM enabled and visable in the BIOS but in Windows it can't be seen in system info. Instead, it says "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not...
  5. Network Drives not Visable when you log in with the PIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drives not Visable when you log in with the PIN: I just reinstalled Windows 10 PRO on a Machine and for the first time linked it to the office 365 Account Azure Previous machines where just on personal accounts. I have had a real headache however trying to link the Network machines. We have three Machines which we...
  6. Home network computer visability listing.

Home network computer visability listing.: Why do my laptop and desktop computers not see each other on my network. Discovery is turned on, and the Workgroup is the same and the network is set to a home network on both computers. They are both connected to the network on the same WIFI connection. I've followed...
  7. Networking Server Problem

Networking Server Problem: Had to replace corrupt OS with new Windows 10. All OK but my smart TV Sony Bravia now cannot access PC server, All streaming options etc as per previous. Can still access internet and cast folders/files to TV and TV recognizes my PC on the network but fails to access server...
  8. Router no longer visable, but working

Router no longer visable, but working: My internet and WIFi are operating ok. I wanted to log into my Linksys router, but under the Network tab I see only my Hue bridge, and my HP printer. It was visible there in the past, but for some reason it's not showing now. Running Windows 10 Pro 154105
  9. Fonts not visable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts not visable: When in task manager, the fonts text are not visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-visable/a33a19e7-bf4d-42f2-802f-321567348c53
  10. PC not visable on Network

PC not visable on Network: There is no 'Home Network' now on w Windows 10 and I have difficulty in viewing my Desktop Dell Optiplex on my Lap Top Lenovo V110 both running Windows Ten. Both OSs are OEM. I do get some success by setting the Function Discovery Provider to Automatic Delayed Start and or...