Windows 10: Networking 2 laptops

Discus and support Networking 2 laptops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have been using walkthoughs this past 2 days to try and connect 2 laptops I have next to each other. I am trying both Wirelessly and through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamboCaz121277, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Networking 2 laptops

So I have been using walkthoughs this past 2 days to try and connect 2 laptops I have next to each other.

I am trying both Wirelessly and through Ethernet. Nothing I do seems to work, when I do finally get them to see each other then they are asking for Network Credentials that I can't find. When I turn off the need for credentials it still asks for them.

I have been on with Support and they tell me they can do nothing to support me with this, which disgusts me really. The guy was nothing short of rude.

Does anyone have anything they could suggest, I have followed all the guides I have found when googling each question and nothing is working.

Kind Thanks

Jambo

:)

JamboCaz121277, Jan 22, 2021

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Hkcuong Win User
    Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35509
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=22816

Hkcuong, Jan 22, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

Networking 2 laptops

n-ster, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Networking 2 laptops

1. Networking 2 laptops - Similar Threads - Networking laptops

2. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  3. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  4. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  5. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  6. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  7. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  8. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...: Windows laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reset-my-hp-laptop-when-i-tried-to-get/e3c8a138-c623-4efe-b4c0-5cfbc9d0f637
  10. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks: I have a Dell laptop from 2018 with Windows 10. Usually I use Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet and therefore, I had not paid attention that the laptop did not display the names of the wifi networks, which means I cannot connect to the Internet with WiFi. When I...