Windows 10: Networking a non-wireless printer WITHOUT keeping my PC on?

Discus and support Networking a non-wireless printer WITHOUT keeping my PC on? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all! I was looking for some help with networking an old-school, non-wireless printer that I have. Previously, it was connected to my old Apple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mechacontext, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Networking a non-wireless printer WITHOUT keeping my PC on?

Hey all!

I was looking for some help with networking an old-school, non-wireless printer that I have. Previously, it was connected to my old Apple Airport (it had a single USB port specifically to network printers and other devices) and was networked through that. I am currently using a Google Wifi mesh setup, which does not have that capability. So, I thought I would network it another way, and I've gotten a lot of suggestions to do it through my PC. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out a way to have it work with my PC in sleep mode, let alone totally off.

Is there a way to network my old printer through my PC without having to keep it on 24/7? Or better yet, is there an easy way to do this without a PC at all? My setup has an ethernet hub with one free port, if that helps. Neither my router nor my modem have a USB port *Sad

Thank you all!

:)

mechacontext, Jun 4, 2018

2. in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Cannot get wireless printer back online in Windows 10 even tho printer is operational

Hello,

Kindle provide us with more details of the issue, to help us give out the best possible answer for this. Refer to these questions below:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to print?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is you printer and PC connected to the same wireless network?

In the mean time, feel free to check out this link for steps on how to setup your wireless printer and connect it to
    your PC/device. Keep us posted for any updates.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Networking a non-wireless printer WITHOUT keeping my PC on?

1. Networking a non-wireless printer WITHOUT keeping my PC on? - Similar Threads - Networking non wireless

2. Sharing a NON-Wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sharing a NON-Wireless printer: I have a Dell computer running Windows 10. It has an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M227fdn printer connected to it with a printer cable.My wife has an HP computer running Windows 11.I would like to connect our computers wirelessly so that she can use the printer connected to my...
  3. Sharing a NON-Wireless printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing a NON-Wireless printer: I have a Dell computer running Windows 10. It has an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M227fdn printer connected to it with a printer cable.My wife has an HP computer running Windows 11.I would like to connect our computers wirelessly so that she can use the printer connected to my...
  4. Sharing a NON-Wireless printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network: sorry if this is posted in the same spot as before- I think I posted this in the wrong area- in the W8.1 area, not the W11 area- if it's in the same area hopefully someone will helpI'm a fairly advanced user- though haven't done much tinkering in the past few years so I seem...
  6. new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network

new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network: sorry if this is posted in the same spot as before- I think I posted this in the wrong area- in the W8.1 area, not the W11 area- if it's in the same area hopefully someone will helpI'm a fairly advanced user- though haven't done much tinkering in the past few years so I seem...
  7. new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network

new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network: I'm a fairly advanced user- though haven't done much tinkering in the past few years so I seem to be losing it! OK, just got a new Dell Inspiron. I also have an old Dell XPS with W8.1 which is still my "main" computer. The XPS has a HP Laserjet 1320 attached via USB so it's...
  8. new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network: I'm a fairly advanced user- though haven't done much tinkering in the past few years so I seem to be losing it! OK, just got a new Dell Inspiron. I also have an old Dell XPS with W8.1 which is still my "main" computer. The XPS has a HP Laserjet 1320 attached via USB so it's...
  9. There is no wireless network option on my pc

There is no wireless network option on my pc: I cant find a wireless network option on my pc all I see is ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-wireless-network-option-on-my-pc/23cafdb9-1701-422b-92be-bdb7e8cbcd22
  10. Wireless Networks on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Networks on PC: The Xfinity SECURED wireless option has disappeared from my list of available options on my PC- I only need it as a back-up but can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-networks-on-pc/095fa2f7-d98d-4089-8c46-719ce5fd740c