Windows 10: Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Discus and support Networking and Homegroups no longer working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by user0987654321, May 9, 2018.

1. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7).

At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have looked through many help sites and tried many things, but I can't figure out any way to remove or reset the homegroup once I've forgotten the password.

In terms of regular networking, I had been able to share a printer and others on the network could use it, but that stopped working several months ago. I had been able to share drives and others on the network could access them, but now when you try to brown another computer from the network it says "Enter network credentials". I put in my username and password for my local computer and that doesn't work. I put in the username and password for the remote computer and that doesn't work.

So what is the easiest way to network Win 10 home computers?

:)

user0987654321, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Networking and Homegroups no longer working

1. Networking and Homegroups no longer working - Similar Threads - Networking Homegroups longer

2. Network adapters no longer working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapters no longer working: Hello, I recently accidentally bridged my ethernet port and wifi card, to fix it, I had used the network reset feature. Now neither of them show up in the network and sharing center or the network connections. They do appear in device manager, but have no drivers, I have...
  3. Windows No Longer Detects a Homegroup

Windows No Longer Detects a Homegroup: my boys want to play minecraft on the lan. so i create a homegroup. with their machines switched off. then i switch on their machines and see the message that i've created a homegroup. so i click 'join' and input the password. and both machines give me an error...
  4. Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network

Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network: I realize there are other threads on the topic of Homegroups but I did not want to hijack any. I upgraded two desktops (from win 7 and win 8.1) to Win 10. While I love it, I must say it did not go as smoothly as I anticipated (and I consider myself reasonably computer savvy)....
  5. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Networking issue (Homegroup etc): Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc. I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need...
  6. Open network no longer works

Open network no longer works: Prior to W10 I had a network NOT using Homegroup. Network worked who needs it? Now, I see some of my devices on the network, but when I try to share files I get a window requesting user name and password. Never used passwords before. I think Homegroup is sneaking in there,...
  7. Network bridge no longer working

Network bridge no longer working: Hi, I'm having major problems bridging 2 network connections.... I usually run a bridge between the 2 onboard lan ports on my pc which connect to a second pc to give it internet and it has worked perfectly fine since I moved to windows 10 however the other week I did a...
  8. Network was fine - no longer working

Network was fine - no longer working: EDIT FOR SOLUTION: My friend came over this morning and fixed this for me. The problem was the (1) Laptop was logged into my Windows Live account and the (2) Desktops were logged into Local Accounts. For some reason, this now prevents my laptop from accessing the local...
  9. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  10. Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup

Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup: Hi there! I've just upgraded my husband PC from Windows 7 to 10. Everything went well except that I can no longer connect to the network. After some attempt, I chose to delete all homegroup to create a new one. All right on my husband's computer (leave the homegroup),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. home network no longer works