Windows 10: Networking in windows 10

Discus and support Networking in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since Homegroup was helpfully removed from Windows 10 I have been unable to see my network printer on another PC in the house and neither can I share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrancisThompson, May 7, 2019.

1. Networking in windows 10

Since Homegroup was helpfully removed from Windows 10 I have been unable to see my network printer on another PC in the house and neither can I share files from either computer. Basically they cannot see each other and so even when all the right settings are made in printer settings, obviously you cannot print anything on the network.

As I dont see much on the forum relating to this problem I assume that either I am missing something that others know, or Microsoft have removed the possibility of sharing printers, files or connecting in any coherent way to another PC on a home network.

Anyone managed to do this successfully since Homegroup was removed?

Knowing Microsoft I suspect that they have removed this functionality but havent admitted to it yet, instead preferring to do their usual thing which is to give meaningless jargon filled answers in the support section designed to avoid admitting that it can no longer be done.

I might be wrong of course.

:)

FrancisThompson, May 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 7, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Networking in windows 10

Delta6326, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Networking in windows 10

1. Networking in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Networking

2. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  3. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  4. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Metered network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  6. Metered network

Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  7. Metered network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  9. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  10. Network lag spike problems

Network lag spike problems: Network has been having huge lag spikes as of recent my ping in certain games before was 10-30 now it can be 60-200 i really don know what to do it just started a couple days ago randomly out of nowhere i feel like ive tried everything and im running out of ideas can somebody...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 workgroup removed