Windows 10: Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop

Discus and support Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Now Try to assign Static IPs in the same range ...and reserve same IPs on router. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klepp0906, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop

Now Try to assign Static IPs in the same range ...and reserve same IPs on router.

manish9009, Aug 12, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

Make sure to TCP/IP over Net Bios is enabled on all Computers , this was an issue for me on Win10 Computers as Win10 supposedly doesn't need it , however once I enabled it on the PC that was P****** me off no end *Smile it all worked fine again.

- it may work on Default too vs enabled
    - Assuming all computers are on the Same Workgroup and subnet of course

Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop [​IMG]

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop

1. Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop - Similar Threads - Networking issue between

2. Networking 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking 2 laptops: So I have been using walkthoughs this past 2 days to try and connect 2 laptops I have next to each other. I am trying both Wirelessly and through Ethernet. Nothing I do seems to work, when I do finally get them to see each other then they are asking for Network Credentials...
  3. Networking between 2 computers

Networking between 2 computers: Windows version number desktop - 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) , Laptop 1909 (OS Build 18363.1256) Hi Everyone, I have 2 computers (next to each other), one is a desktop, one is a laptop, both running windows 10. I want to connect them together using the network. When I...
  4. Network connection issues on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network connection issues on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: I'll try and explain this as best I can. Hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. What I'm working with: Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (Love it) Windows 10 Home ISP - RCN with Arris high speed modem/router but the router part is disabled because its connected to an Eero and...
  5. Switch laptops between desktops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch laptops between desktops?: With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured. Now I have the problem that if I start an application in Desktop 1 (e.g. Discord) and then swap to Desktop 2 before Discord has fully...
  6. Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop

Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop: I have a Dell Desktop with Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Ethernet to Modem/Router I have a Dell Laptop with windows 10 version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 wireless to Modem/Router I have them networked, but I cannot connect them because I don't have Network...
  7. no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop

no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop: I have a HP desktop that has a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via cable. I also have a Dell laptop with a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via Wifi. Both are running Windows 10. However neither can "see" the other's...
  8. Networked laptop not discoverable by 2 desktop PCs on network

Networked laptop not discoverable by 2 desktop PCs on network: All computers set for full network sharing. Laptop has access to internet through network and network printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networked-laptop-not-discoverable-by-2-desktop-pcs/5f811814-77a9-4028-842d-e8bc6069e86b
  9. Network sharing, visibility issues between PC, laptop and router

Network sharing, visibility issues between PC, laptop and router: Hello all, Seem to have an odd problem between my PC running Win 10 x64 1803, my laptop running Win 10 x64 1803 and my TP Link AC3200 tri-band router. I currently have a 6TB WD external hooked up to the USB 3.0 port on the back of the AC3200, my laptop can see it just fine...
  10. Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop

Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop: Hi Guys, This issues has been driving me nuts since the 1703 Creators Update. I've searched the web and tried pretty much everything to fix it with no luck. So I let it slide until now. I've finally decided to raise the issue here to see if the greatest minds in the...