Windows 10: Networking Issue - Device needs to be periodically reset up to every 5 minutes

Discus and support Networking Issue - Device needs to be periodically reset up to every 5 minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have this awful issue with my WIFI connection on my Windows 10 Pro Machine.To rule anything out, I can confirm issue is only affect Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grazzii2, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Grazzii2 Win User

Networking Issue - Device needs to be periodically reset up to every 5 minutes

Hi, I have this awful issue with my WIFI connection on my Windows 10 Pro Machine.To rule anything out, I can confirm issue is only affect Windows 10 on my machine:Other devices in the house on the same WIFI connection are not affectedThe UBUNTU partition on the same device does not have this issueI brought a different branded WIFI adapter which still yields the same resultsPeriodically, my WIFI will completely drop out and I will need to do a 'Troubleshoot Network' to repair the issue I've had to do this twice since starting this message!! - each time the WIFI device will need resetting.I ha

:)

Grazzii2, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Carnivore Win User
    What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Networking Issue - Device needs to be periodically reset up to every 5 minutes - Similar Threads - Networking Issue Device

2. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  3. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  4. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes: Hi, I bought an Aegis R prebuilt PC from MSI about a month ago and ever since it arrived at my place, every few minutes my network adapter Intel Wireless-AC 9462 resets and interrupts my internet connection. In Event Viewer, all of this pops up whenever it happens:Level:...
  6. Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes: Hi, I bought an Aegis R prebuilt PC from MSI about a month ago and ever since it arrived at my place, every few minutes my network adapter Intel Wireless-AC 9462 resets and interrupts my internet connection. In Event Viewer, all of this pops up whenever it happens:Level:...
  7. laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time

laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time: hi, every time i turn on or restart after 5-10 minutes there is a definite freezing for about 5-7 minutes, then it becomes totally fine. first occurred when i was watching a video on VLC, so i thought it was a problem in it , then no matter what application i have open at the...
  8. BSOD every 5 minutes

BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  9. Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.: I am having issues with my computer, I'm on windows 10. My wifi disconnect every 5-ish minutes, when I reconnect the wifi adapter, it works for 5 minutes and disconnects again. Works on all other devices, I tried to update/install network drivers, but I can't figure out how....
  10. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...