Windows 10: Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Discus and support Networking issue (Homegroup etc) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windowsfree, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Hi,

I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc.
    I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need to get this working. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have tried Google searches and MS KB's but issue persists.

Attached are screenshots of errors. I need to access the Desktop PC from the Laptop10 PC. There is no Password set for the login on the desktop.

:)

Windowsfree, Jan 3, 2016

2. Changed router - now homegroup doesn't work and no options to reset it, change password, etc appear

Have an issue with Homegroup.

Changed router, not knowing I had to do something with homegroup first. Now that it’s changed, homegroup does not work. Can’t access any other PC on the network.

To make it worse, when going into control panel – homegroup, it seems to know a homegroup exists as it lets me enter password, but then says can’t find.

There’s no way for me to change homegroup password, etc.

“Network and Internet > Homegroup” just has options: Change advanced sharing setetings…, and start the HomeGroup Troubleshooter (doesn’t help). Then ‘Join Now’ and ‘Close’

With Join Now, I have to set the sharing options, then “Type the Homegroup Password”, but when entering the password (from back when the Homegroup worked) it takes a long time, and ends up in an error: Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network.
    To Create a new Homegroup, click OK and then open Homegroup in control panel.

But when I open Homegroup in control panel, there is no option to crete a new one
    L

Any ideas? Is there a way to reset the homegroup settings completely? Maybe by deleting some registry entries or something?

I tried deleting the peer networking folder on all the machines on the network and rebooting, but same issue when starting. it seems to know the homegroup exists already.

There has to be a way to delete something to trigger windows to think there is no homegroup and needs to start fresh...

Regards,

Sanjay

Sanjay Shanbhag, Jan 3, 2016
  3. DavidMish Win User
    HomeGroup Available to Join Error

Here is the only way I have found a fix for this problem.

1.) Make sure ALL of you computers/laptops/etc "Leave HomeGroup"

2.) Disconnect ALL network cables from each computers/laptops/etc.

3.) Turn off ALL WiFi's on each computers/laptops/etc.

4.) Reboot ALL computers/laptops/etc.

5.) Reconnect ALL network cables and turn on Wifi's if used.

6.) Have ONE computer "Create a Homegroup"

7.) Share the "password".

Until Microsoft fixes this annoying issue, it is the only way I have found to resolve the problem.

Good Luck,

David

DavidMish, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Reboot both computers, open Windows File Explorer on one and click on Network in the left menu. Look at the address bar at the top of the Explorer window and you should see a prompt to Enable sharing. Click it to enable. Do the same on the other Computer.

Railtech, Jan 4, 2016
  5. Issue was one computer not being Password protected. Password installed, no issues

Windowsfree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

1. Networking issue (Homegroup etc) - Similar Threads - Networking issue Homegroup

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  4. Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue: Hi, after the latest patch i can no longer access my network locations for example my laptop can no longer access shared folders on my main pc and vice versa, it is a really weird issue one that i newer had before and its a pretty big one :(, hopping you can help me out....
  5. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  6. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  7. homegroup issue

homegroup issue: Hi. I set up a home group last night between my 2 PCs (desktop which i will call PC1 and laptop which I will call PC2) last night and a printer. Everything was working correctly after I shared everything on printers, C:..etc. This morning when I booted up all 3 devices I...
  8. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  9. Homegroup Display issue

Homegroup Display issue: Hello. Just curious if there is any way to change the way Home group displays computers in explorer? At present it seems to nest the computers in user accounts. I'm hoping there is a way to stop this behavior and just display the computers themselves. Thank you 33380
  10. Private Network Number/Name, Homegroup etc

Private Network Number/Name, Homegroup etc: 1) NETWORK NAMES- See below, My 'automated' private network number/names are showing up different on all my machines. Is there a way to make them all the same? Or rename them? Is this the same or different than the old Workgroup name? I can currently see all my other...