Windows 10: Networking issue on a windows 11 machine

Discus and support Networking issue on a windows 11 machine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a new Dell computer to replace an older slower windows machine. I have run through all of the necessary steps to get this machine into and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian Price2, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Networking issue on a windows 11 machine

I purchased a new Dell computer to replace an older slower windows machine. I have run through all of the necessary steps to get this machine into and part of the workgroup that all of the other computers are on but I am unable to see any of the network attached storage devices that are on the network. I can see the computer from the one other windows machine that we have in the office but the new machine can't see any of the other computers on the network apple or microsoft. I have tried resetting network settings, made sure that file sharing and discovery is on and allowed through windows

:)

Brian Price2, Nov 6, 2023
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 6, 2023
  3. Windows 11 network issues

Hi everyone,

I upgraded my machine from Windows 10 to 11 (not actually upgraded, I did a clean install on the same machine), and ever since then I have had issues with my network connection. I'm connected with a cable, not wifi.

• My adapter sometimes stops working completely.
    • Sometimes the issue is even "deeper" meaning I get very long ping times when I'm connecting to the internet but my bandwidth is still high.
    I can disable/enable the adapter and be back online to solve these issues, But I'm a "power user" who sometimes needs to connect to my machine with a remote and I obviously can't do that.

Few other details regarding my setup:

• I have all the drivers of the motherboard installed properly.
    • My router has my DHCP server give an IP to the Windows 11 computer based on the MAC address, it's not even in the pool, meaning the automatic pool from 192.168.0.100-200 but the IP of the computer is outside of it (it works fine with other machines and it worked fine with Windows 10 as well).
    Microsoft's support website wasn't helpful in these cases of scenarios. They offer you to do the usual: unplug/plug the connection, restart, etc. As mentioned in the post this doesn't solve the issue in the long run, only for the short term case it doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Omri Ratson, Nov 6, 2023
  4. Networking issue on a windows 11 machine

Network Issues

I tried all of your suggestions and it still didn't work. So I decided to go back to basics. Pinging the machines worked- so there wasn't a problem there- so I decided to retry the network setup wizards from scratch- again no result. Pinged again- successful. Utterly stumped I decided what if I just do what Windows is supposed to myself,. I simply used run to open \\192.168.X.X on the other machine and voila the folders opened. So I just made a shortcut and typed in the address into the target. I still can't see Workgroup computers (now on Mshome) and Network Places still doesn't work. Sometimes you just have to do it yourself.....

However, thanks for all your suggestions; I appreciate them.

theonetruewill, Nov 6, 2023
Thema:

Networking issue on a windows 11 machine

1. Networking issue on a windows 11 machine - Similar Threads - Networking issue machine

2. Windows 11 network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 network issue: I recently upgrade my Dell inspiron 3910's SSD from 256GB to 500GB, I used Acronis clone tool for crucial. when I booted for the first time the internet refused to work, it said the WIFI was connected but no internet connection. Also Microsoft store completely disappeared...
  3. Windows 11 network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 network issue: I recently upgrade my Dell inspiron 3910's SSD from 256GB to 500GB, I used Acronis clone tool for crucial. when I booted for the first time the internet refused to work, it said the WIFI was connected but no internet connection. Also Microsoft store completely disappeared...
  4. Networking issue on a windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking issue on a windows 11 machine: I purchased a new Dell computer to replace an older slower windows machine. I have run through all of the necessary steps to get this machine into and part of the workgroup that all of the other computers are on but I am unable to see any of the network attached storage...
  5. Windows 11 network issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 network issues: Hi everyone,I upgraded my machine from Windows 10 to 11 not actually upgraded, I did a clean install on the same machine, and ever since then I have had issues with my network connection. I'm connected with a cable, not wifi.My adapter sometimes stops working...
  6. Windows 11 network issues

Windows 11 network issues: Hi everyone,I upgraded my machine from Windows 10 to 11 not actually upgraded, I did a clean install on the same machine, and ever since then I have had issues with my network connection. I'm connected with a cable, not wifi.My adapter sometimes stops working...
  7. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  8. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  9. Windows 11 issues with audio and DDR5 machine

Windows 11 issues with audio and DDR5 machine: Heya. Currently working for a customer and they seem to have an odd issue with their 11 version. They seem to be having issues with the audio distorting with any type of headphones. USB or aux. It seems to work fine on 10 and all the drviers have been modified and made sure...
  10. Windows 11 issues with audio and DDR5 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 issues with audio and DDR5 machine: Heya. Currently working for a customer and they seem to have an odd issue with their 11 version. They seem to be having issues with the audio distorting with any type of headphones. USB or aux. It seems to work fine on 10 and all the drviers have been modified and made sure...