Windows 10: Networking on a simple basic system

Discus and support Networking on a simple basic system in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yet again Microsoft is screwing with our machines with another update forced upon us that mucks up home networking by changing something to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenHayward26, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Networking on a simple basic system

Yet again Microsoft is screwing with our machines with another update forced upon us that mucks up home networking by changing something to stop machines talking to each other.

Yesterday my network of six desktop could talk with the two Network addressable Storage on the network NOW today its mucked up in the sense one of the NAS units cannot be accessed and three machines cannot be seen by each other all you get is the "network path not found" the troubleshooter as normal cannot find the fault ( its a waste of time using it ) so its about time we got a proper networking system from Microsoft to fix this massive **** up.

:)

StephenHayward26, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Oct 24, 2018
  4. FLY3R Win User

Networking on a simple basic system

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Networking on a simple basic system :)

FLY3R, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Networking on a simple basic system

1. Networking on a simple basic system - Similar Threads - Networking simple basic

2. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic Network Information: Hi All.I have a couple pcs/laptops connected to the internet , via a BT broandnabd RouterEach of the computers have static IP addresses , with the Bt Router as the Default Gateway and the Dns.All is working OK.However on one of the PC's the basic Network Info is howing...
  3. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic Network Information: Hi All.I have a couple pcs/laptops connected to the internet , via a BT broandnabd RouterEach of the computers have static IP addresses , with the Bt Router as the Default Gateway and the Dns.All is working OK.However on one of the PC's the basic Network Info is howing...
  4. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Simple Network: Beginner Question

Simple Network: Beginner Question: Hello All: I am endeavoring to construct a simple network. I have three nodes: the router, my Windows computer, and a Linux computer. I have the router plugged into a cable modem. All I want to do is to occasionally transfer files between the two computers and have both...
  6. Simple system restore question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple system restore question: I have Windows 10 homework and I want to double check before submitting this as a grade. Assume the below list of files exist on your computer at the time that the last restore point was created on your computer. Also assume that system restore is enabled on drive C: and on...
  7. SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING

SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING: Simple Office - Three Computers - No Domain Computer A sees Computer B & C and can access. Computer B & C can see A but No Access Granted. Computer B & C can ping A - No Data Loss Folks I've been trying for two days. Rest assured; Discovery is on, ipconfig/flushdns,...
  8. Simple desktop switch for network connections

Simple desktop switch for network connections: Thanks in advance to anyone who can slove this for me. I have 2 internet ethernet connections running into my PC. 1st one is my normal internet connection. 2nd a VPN service from a second router. I have 2 internet ports and both are active (mobo EVGA Z97 Classified)...
  9. Simple Monitoring of Network Traffic?

Simple Monitoring of Network Traffic?: I used to use Kaspersky Internet Security which provided a useful tool to show which processes / services were accessing the internet. I now just use Defender and the standard Windows firewall. How can I monitor internet traffic in a similar manner to the Kaspersky software...
  10. Good basic networking tutorial?

Good basic networking tutorial?: Can you point me to a basic Win10 networking tutorial? Thanks 106058