Windows 10: Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809

Discus and support Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I updated my PCs to Windows 10 1809 update my WLAN connectivity stopped. I am unable to reconnect all my computers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JEEVESHMAKKAR, May 3, 2019.

1. Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809

After I updated my PCs to Windows 10 1809 update my WLAN connectivity stopped. I am unable to reconnect all my computers.

:)

JEEVESHMAKKAR, May 3, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 3, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 3, 2019
  4. Eric2139 Win User

Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809

1. Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809 - Similar Threads - Networking problem Update

2. battery problem after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery problem after 1809 update: after windows10 1809 update the battery is running out very fast in my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-problem-after-1809-update/f09ece8a-c613-41db-bb7a-4b7fe2c60c82
  3. Problem after updating to windows 10 1809

Problem after updating to windows 10 1809: So today my computer got updated from 1803 to 1809. But now I think I have a problem. So I have AVG installed as an anti virus product, and after the update windows defender is no longer saying that my protection is being managed by AVG, windows defender is now running, and...
  4. Windows 10 update 1809 problem

Windows 10 update 1809 problem: My laptop just died after updating into the new rereleased Windows 10 update 1809... first the laptop couldn't enter after the logging process... blank screen appeared and personalized settings not responding... then after that it shut down by itself... and it restarted but...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade: When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 1803 I had problems accessing the 3 pcs on my home network. This was resolved by setting several services to automatic start, on all 3 pcs. After which I had a reliable, rock solid network. I've now upgraded to Windows 10 1809, and my...
  6. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  7. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  8. RDP Problems After 1809 update

RDP Problems After 1809 update: HI I have updated to 1809 and after the update, I cannot connect to my work pc through RDP but on 1803 all is working fine I am using fortyclient VPN to my office. Need your assistance. Thank you...
  9. Netbios problems after 1809 update

Netbios problems after 1809 update: After updating to 1809, my main PC was no longer seen by other computers in my LAN. After numerous tweaks to settings, services and registry, it appeared that nothing would get Netbios over Tcpip working. Because it was more than 10 days since updating, I no longer had...
  10. Problem after updating PC with 1809

Problem after updating PC with 1809: Last week 5 of our PC's updated with 1809. 3 Pc's had no problems. 1 PC had problems trying to update but this was overcome eventually by ensuring the PC did not go into sleep mode during the update process. The fifth PC which is used for photography and uses Photoshop CS5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to lan network network after updating to 1809

2. vpn issue windows 1809 after sleep mode

3. cant see my computer on lan after 1809 update

4. can not connect to wireless after 1809,
  5. windows 10 1809 networking issues,
  6. extra network adapter issue after updates 2019,
  7. after windown 10 update computer connection to LAN diff