Windows 10: Networking Problem

Discus and support Networking Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two computers (Laptop and Desktop) on the same network (at home). My Desktop shows the picture which is attached. My Laptop does not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timlab55, Nov 4, 2019.

1. timlab55 Win User

Networking Problem

I have two computers (Laptop and Desktop) on the same network (at home). My Desktop shows the picture which is attached. My Laptop does not have the two computers showing in networks. What is my problem and how can I solve it?

Thanks

:)

timlab55, Nov 4, 2019

2. Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Network problem

Hi Aslam,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are you connecting via wired or wireless?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue using a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided on how to fix network connection issue in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Charianne Per, Nov 4, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Networking Problem

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Networking Problem

1. Networking Problem - Similar Threads - Networking Problem

2. Connectivity problems on public wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity problems on public wifi network: Hello, every time I attempt to connect to a specific Starbucks open wifi network it connects, but blocks all websites thereafter, including trusted sites like google, facebook etc. The error says there is an untrusted certificate for the site and won't allow it to go any...
  3. Networking Problem

Networking Problem: I have two computers (Laptop and Desktop) on the same network (at home). My Desktop shows the picture which is attached. My Laptop does not have the two computers showing in networks. What is my problem and how can I solve it? Thanks 143781
  4. Network name does not match WiFi name -- is this a problem and can I fix it?

Network name does not match WiFi name -- is this a problem and can I fix it?: My network name is showing as #SFO FREE WIFI, which is the wifi network for the San Francisco airport I must have connected to once over a year ago. I haven't noticed this before and didn't think it was a problem until my wifi went out at school for about an hour, even though...
  5. Having problems with my network sharing

Having problems with my network sharing: I have a couple of PCs on my network both of which are using Windows 10. For some reason, I'm having problems with the network. On one computer I can see both computers that are on the network. I can open up one computer from that computer and put things in the public...
  6. 888 poker lobby display problems on home network

888 poker lobby display problems on home network: I have a poker program installed called 888poker. When I open the lobby from my home network it does not display the available poker games. I do not have this problem with this same laptop when I am connected to other networks. This problem also persists on all devices...
  7. Forza 4 problem with network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza 4 problem with network: I want to play online with Forza 4 … getting these error codes... can you help [ATTACH] Network seems ok [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-4-problem-with-network/1e4c6136-5555-45af-83b3-22c6ec146de2
  8. Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems: I am at my wits end. What in the world has Microsoft done to the networking and shares access in Windows 10. I have spent days of research trying to solve the "access not allowed", "cannot access network path", cannot map to my NAS, cannot see other computer on my network....
  9. Network Problems, leads to blue screen.

Network Problems, leads to blue screen.: Been having a weird problem on my brand new computer. At a random point, after using it for a while, the internet randomly dips extremely low, and it doesn't go back up. If I disconnect from my wifi, my computer stops responding entirely shortly afterwards (it led to a blue...
  10. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Home Network and shared printer access problems: Hello, Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT allowed into the win 10 machine for some reason. Each machine has its own printer (win 10 @ Cannon iP4700 series and designated...