Windows 10: Networking sharing in 1809 and newer

Discus and support Networking sharing in 1809 and newer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have found the only fix to Microsoft damaging the network browser. You have to make sure that these are set to automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Madness10, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Madness10 Win User

Networking sharing in 1809 and newer

I have found the only fix to Microsoft damaging the network browser. You have to make sure that these are set to automatic https://filestore.community.support....47?upload=true, but that won't fix the whole problem. See when you turn on the computer or reboot, your computer won't be recognized in the network browser. Microsoft added triggered start to both of those and to computer browser. The only way to eliminate those triggers and for the networking browser to behave the way it should is to download a service trigger editor and remove those triggers. A free utility to manage Service Triggers on Windows 10/2016/8/2012/7/2008 R2
    I have done this to both my 1903 desktop and my wifes 1809 laptop and now network browser works perfectly.

:)

Madness10, Jun 19, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Networking sharing in 1809 and newer - Similar Threads - Networking sharing 1809

2. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing: I have 5 pc's2 are Windows 73 are windows 10 one of which is a laptopall are up-to-date with windows updatesall have been run with 'Restoro' and all have System Mechanic Ultimate, and it's up-to-date.all security and sharing folders are configured to full control correctlyall...
  3. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing: To make sure the problem can be solved, allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows firewall settings.Step 1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Windows Firewall" > "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".Step 2. In the pop-up window, check "File and Printer Sharing" in the...
  4. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  5. which is the newer version of windows 10, 1903 or 1809??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    which is the newer version of windows 10, 1903 or 1809??: windows 10, which is the newer version, 1903 or 1809?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-the-newer-version-of-windows-10-1903-or/c0424991-e0fe-4f19-92da-10f0360b14e0
  6. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates: After Windows decided to spite me and install these updates anyhow, my main PC can no longer access any of my file shares on my server. I'm very angry as something this simple and widely used should not be broken in the updates. I've tried many solutions suggested all over...
  7. Unable to Search Network Shared Folders Windows 10 1809

in Cortana
    Unable to Search Network Shared Folders Windows 10 1809: Unable to Search Network Shared Folders Windows 10 1809 Hello, When using the start menu to search (Cortana) I am unable to see any searches from network shared drives. They are mapped properly. Everything I've read is either outdated or doesn't give a clear answer or...
  8. Networking and Sharing

Networking and Sharing: I got a new PC with Windows 10 Pro. I tried to set it up to be visible on my home network for file sharing. But, after I set this in Network and Sharing, it reverts to 'not visible'. This works fine on my devices with Windows 10 home and 8.1, but not on this new device. Am I...
  9. Seeing all network share via android with 1809.

Seeing all network share via android with 1809.: After upgrading to 1809, I could only access my public folders from my android devices. I checked all the sharing settings, network security, smb1 set, insecure network authentication on etc. I had set up everyone everywhere with full permissions I could not find the...
  10. Network sharing

Network sharing: I have a network with 7 computers (USING WORKGROUP). I use one for a "server" and there is one program on it that needs to be accessed from the other computers. I need to map a drive to a certain location on this "server" to run the program. All computers work fine except...