Windows 10: Networking Three computers

Discus and support Networking Three computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any help would be appreciated - at my wits end I have 3 computers, all running Windows 10 Pro - I am trying to get them to talk with each other and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimonthego, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Networking Three computers

Any help would be appreciated - at my wits end

I have 3 computers, all running Windows 10 Pro - I am trying to get them to talk with each other and share file data

One of them will connect to the other two and show the shared files, but the others will not connect to it. Every time I try to connect to it from the other computers, I am getting the 'Enter Network Credentials' window. I have tried entering the microsoft sign in and password for it, but it keeps coming up as invalid.

I have checked about 100 times the network settings to be sure sharing is on and password protection is off.

I have read many, many posts about which services should be running and they all appear correct.

Any ideas on what I can try to resolve this issue?

:)

jimonthego, Mar 21, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Networking Three computers

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Networking Three computers

1. Networking Three computers - Similar Threads - Networking Three computers

2. Why is CPU usage so high on one of three networked Win7 computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is CPU usage so high on one of three networked Win7 computers?: Merry whatever holiday you are celebrating today. Windows 7 yes, I know... on two Laptops and one Desktop, all networked. On Windows Task Manager, CPU usage with no applications running on the two Laptops is low single-digit percentages; on the older Desktop, it's usually...
  3. Why is CPU usage so high on one of three networked Win7 computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is CPU usage so high on one of three networked Win7 computers?: Merry whatever holiday you are celebrating today. Windows 7 yes, I know... on two Laptops and one Desktop, all networked. On Windows Task Manager, CPU usage with no applications running on the two Laptops is low single-digit percentages; on the older Desktop, it's usually...
  4. Very Confusing Network Problem with three laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Confusing Network Problem with three laptops: Hello Everyone. I have an interesting Issue. I have three laptops on a home Network. They are all attached wirelessly to my Router which is a NetGear Genie C3700-100NAS. Computer A HP 17z-ca100 Computer B HP 15-bw0xx Computer C HP 15-bw0xx All are on Windows 10 Ok,...
  5. Network not showing on three out of four PCs

Network not showing on three out of four PCs: Hi I have four W10 PCs, two Home and two Pro fully updated. All four are networked and used to show show up in Windows Explorer on whichever PC I was using, all I did was open Windows explorer and clicked on the Network Icon and all the PC's showed up. Recently the Network...
  6. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    upgrading on a computer with three desktops: I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to...
  7. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrading on a computer with three desktops: I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to...
  8. Cannot network three computers in my home

Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...
  9. Cannot network three computers in my home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...
  10. Loss of internet for three of five network units

Loss of internet for three of five network units: I have two desktops(Windows 10), one laptop (Windows 10) and two Android tablets. One desktop and the laptop have internet access. The other desktop and the two tablets show internet connections but do not access the net. Any suggestions for a cause please? 64882