Windows 10: Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot

Discus and support Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to find a way to provide two computers an internet connection through iphone hotspot, and share files between them at the same time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 6655321, Dec 3, 2020.

1. 6655321 Win User

Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to provide two computers an internet connection through iphone hotspot, and share files between them at the same time.

Does anyone have any tips for how to do this?

I have had some success with:

iphone's internet --> Personal hotspot via usb to Win 10 --> "Mobile hotspot" through win10 to share connection via wifi, but as soon as I start to transfer files, I get bsod errors.

There's got to be a way to do this... Right? I cannot seem to be able to set a static ip and still have internet enabled.

Hoping I'm just missing an easy solution.

Thanks for your help in advance.

:)

6655321, Dec 3, 2020

2. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 3, 2020
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

I used to be able to connect my iPhone 6s (iOS 13) to my Thinkpad T480s (Win 10 Pro, 1903, latest updates) via USB-C and use the personal hotspot on the iPhone to connect to the internet. This worked without any issues for several years through several upgrades of iOS and Windows.
    Now I switched to an iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13) and the T480s does not detect the iPhone's personal hotspot any more. Personal hotspot is turned on on the iPhone 11 Pro. The T480s sees the iPhone and I can browse its content.
    The personal hotspot on the iPhone 6s (also iOS 13) is also not detected any more since I updated the following Apple software on the T480s to the current versions:
    • AppleApplicationSupport64
    • AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate
    Am I missing something here?

jacobacci, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot

Accidently disabled myPublicWifi hotspot in networks and sharing centre

To further assist you regarding your concern, we suggest that you manage the hotspot settings on your PC. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, proceed with the steps and
    complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Additionally, if the issue continues, you may check the Advanced sharing settings from the
    Control Panel to identify if the issue is not related to it. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel and press
      Enter
    • Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
    • On the left-side pane of the window, click Change advanced sharing settings.
    • Expand the Private network profile, select the Turn on network discovery option under the
      Network discovery section.
    • You may also select the Turn on network discovery option from the
      Guest or Public and Domain (current profile) network profile by expanding them one by one.
    • Once you’re done, click Save changes.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot

1. Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot - Similar Threads - Networking computers sharing

2. Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files: Computers AAA laptop and BBB desktop are connected to the same local private wifi network.I want to share files between AAA and BBB, in both directions, but it looks like only one direction AAA->BBB is working properly, and the other BBB->AAA isn't.I have checked that the...
  3. Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files: Computers AAA laptop and BBB desktop are connected to the same local private wifi network.I want to share files between AAA and BBB, in both directions, but it looks like only one direction AAA->BBB is working properly, and the other BBB->AAA isn't.I have checked that the...
  4. Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. computer sharing files in same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer sharing files in same network: Both my computers are running Windows 11. Both are on the same network and set as Private connection. Both computers have the documents folder set as Shared with everyone. Shared Experiences -Nearby sharing is turn on. One computer lets me move files to the other, while the...
  6. computer sharing files in same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer sharing files in same network: Both my computers are running Windows 11. Both are on the same network and set as Private connection. Both computers have the documents folder set as Shared with everyone. Shared Experiences -Nearby sharing is turn on. One computer lets me move files to the other, while the...
  7. Unwanted hotspot/network sharing

Unwanted hotspot/network sharing: Hello ,There is a hotspot/shared in the area I am in, of which I can't connect meaning its being hosted by my own PC, "mobile hotspot" and "nearby sharing" are both turned off; so I'm out of ideas why this could happen....
  8. How to share files between two computers over the network?

How to share files between two computers over the network?: What is Network permissions, I am trying to connect two computers together over the network and receive this message unable to connect ,to ... see your network adiministrator for network permission. ***Modified title from: Networkimg , permission ***...
  9. Share files on two computer wirelessly

Share files on two computer wirelessly: How do I share files on two computer wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-files-on-two-computer-wirelessly/ee2de97e-983a-492c-a3ae-803ffe6c6dff"
  10. Network File Share on two Windows 10 computers

Network File Share on two Windows 10 computers: I have two Windows 10 computers. I want to be able to share files between them. In the file explorer "Network" on the desktop I can see the laptop (and desktop) and can drag files from the laptop to the desktop. In the Network on the laptop however I cannot see the desktop...