Windows 10: Networking Win10 with Win7

Discus and support Networking Win10 with Win7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Campanaire, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Networking Win10 with Win7

how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ?

:)

Campanaire, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Bar7 Win User

are win10 and win7 compatible on a wireless network

just bought a new computer with win10. Have 2 others running win7. is win10 and win7 compatible on a wireless network.

Bar7, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Networking Win10 with Win7

Both are members of the same Workgroup. Everything enabled but networking between the two is now a no go.

The thing seemed to work most of the time when I was running Win8.1 but since the upgrade it's a no go. Network discovery, etc all turned on - both machines. Password protection turned off - both machines. Sharing is set to Everyone, Administrator, Administrators
    - full control.

Have tried everything to no avail and believe the homegroup between Win10 and 7 is now apparently no go.

The Win10 machine can see the Win7 machine on the network but cannot access the files - 'Windows cannot access \\xxxxxx. Error code 0x80070035 - The network path was not found

The Win7 machine cannot see the Win10 machine.

I use a MS account but in trying to sort I did revert to a Local Account - no go. So now back with the MS account.

Also, the shared laser printer running from a USB cable worked fine via the Win7 machine.

I can see my wife's laptop and shared files - she's using Win7 Pro. So the wi-fi element between my laptop and her laptop seems to be working okay but my main PC running Win7 via an ethernet cable to the router is a no go.

Also, my main PC running Win7 can also access the shared files on my wife's laptop. Certainly something weird here but probably very basic as well.

martynbromley, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Scoobydu Win User

Networking Win10 with Win7

homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Networking Win10 with Win7

1. Networking Win10 with Win7 - Similar Threads - Networking Win10 Win7

2. Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7: We've had a wired home network for many years for our 3 Win7 computers and it worked pretty well. About 2 years ago my wife got a new Win10 and a tech guy wired that into out network just fine with my remaining 2 Win7's. About a year ago we lost partial connectivity where the...
  3. Win10 and win7 network woes

Win10 and win7 network woes: Hi, I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7 When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each other and exchange files without issue. Occasionally however the win7 machine would struggle to see the win10 machine....
  4. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  5. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  6. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  7. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  8. after the win7 to win10

after the win7 to win10: I see where everyone is talking about the oldwindows.folder, I don't have or have never seen it but I do have this "windowss7_os(C:)" that is part of my index under this pc. I had for the longest time 2 document folders. I did a search for the oldwindows.folder and the...
  9. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  10. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7: Hi, I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that). From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The...