Windows 10: Networking - Windows 10

Discus and support Networking - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three computers running Windows 10 Pro, all connected via ethernet to a router. The computers are all set to file-share and all shared folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdRalston, Jan 23, 2021.

1. EdRalston Win User

Networking - Windows 10

I have three computers running Windows 10 Pro, all connected via ethernet to a router. The computers are all set to file-share and all shared folders given proper access. I ran services and set "Function Discovery Network Publication" to startup automatic on each PC. All PCs were then accessible to the others under "Network".

However, after a period of time sometimes a few weeks, sometime just a few days one or another computer will disappear from network access on the others. I have to go back to the missing PC and run services, stop and restart "Function Discovery Network Publication" - then it will show up. Then, after a period of time, one or another PC will disappear and I have to do it again.

Is there a solution to these disappearing networked computers?

:)

EdRalston, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Networking - Windows 10

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Networking - Windows 10

1. Networking - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Networking

2. Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location: So I have a USB-key that I want to encrypt while it is functioning as a network drive. But Bitlocker does not seem to "see" the drive. In this case the "usb2"So how do I do this?...
  3. Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Bitlocker on a mapped drive eg. NAS or other on networked location: So I have a USB-key that I want to encrypt while it is functioning as a network drive. But Bitlocker does not seem to "see" the drive. In this case the "usb2"So how do I do this?...
  4. Connect computers under network in the document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect computers under network in the document folder: I have a main computer and a new secondary computer. I am trying to connect both computers. They say they are connected through bluetooth but do not show up under network in documents like it does on the main computer. I have to have these connected to share all the files on...
  5. Connect computers under network in the document folder

Connect computers under network in the document folder: I have a main computer and a new secondary computer. I am trying to connect both computers. They say they are connected through bluetooth but do not show up under network in documents like it does on the main computer. I have to have these connected to share all the files on...
  6. Optimizing Network Connections for Different Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Network Connections for Different Applications: Hi,I've connected one of my internet connections via LAN cable and another one via Wi-Fi. How can I determine which Ethernet my programs should use? I mean, I want all my PC tasks like Google Chrome or Discord to use the Ethernet connected via Wi-Fi, and my games to use the...
  7. Optimizing Network Connections for Different Applications

Optimizing Network Connections for Different Applications: Hi,I've connected one of my internet connections via LAN cable and another one via Wi-Fi. How can I determine which Ethernet my programs should use? I mean, I want all my PC tasks like Google Chrome or Discord to use the Ethernet connected via Wi-Fi, and my games to use the...
  8. Optimizing Network Connections for Different Applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Asus Zenbook Flip 14: Not connecting to network & no Bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Zenbook Flip 14: Not connecting to network & no Bluetooth connection: My laptop is unable to connect to any network, not even able to search for any router my phone and other devices at home have internet & full wifi connection. This has been an ongoing problem and first happened when I noticed my device could not connect to Bluetooth, stating...
  10. Asus Zenbook Flip 14: Not connecting to network & no Bluetooth connection

Asus Zenbook Flip 14: Not connecting to network & no Bluetooth connection: My laptop is unable to connect to any network, not even able to search for any router my phone and other devices at home have internet & full wifi connection. This has been an ongoing problem and first happened when I noticed my device could not connect to Bluetooth, stating...