Windows 10: networking windows10 and xp

Discus and support networking windows10 and xp in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a large workgroup lan about 20 pcs we have one xp machine tied to a machine control it shares its folder to receive files from other pcs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rwf2, Mar 18, 2021.

1. rwf2 Win User

networking windows10 and xp

I have a large workgroup lan

about 20 pcs

we have one xp machine tied to a machine control

it shares its folder to receive files from other pcs

all other machines are win 10

all put one can acccess this xp share

I have tried many fixes, there is no firewall or anti virus on the win 10 SMB1.0 is on

tcp over netbois is turned on

I have reformatted the hard drive on the win10 machine and reinstalled windows 2x's when first installed you can access the xp machine but after some time you can still see it on the network explorer but you cannot access it.

if seems like it is a user access or dns naming issue. i tried to map a drive using the ip address for the xp machine with the same results

any suggestions, other than getting rid of the xp machine, that is not an option as it is connected to a $2million dollar machine which the mfg wants 100k+ to replace the controls

:)

2. wireless networking troubles in XP

go into the change advance settings and delete the network cache in there..xp stores a list of available networks in there and if you delte the cache it has to rebuild it

Athlon2K15, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Win 10 networking to an XP computer has changed

I read your other post and it seems you're wanting us to enable SSP / NTLM on the XP machine. Is this what you were suggesting?
    1. Click Administrative Tools.
    2. Click Local Security Policy > Local Policies > Security Options > Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level.
    3. Click Send LM& NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.
    I'm not sure what SSP is? I saw references to SSO is that what you meant?

GerryPeters, Mar 18, 2021
  4. networking windows10 and xp

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

networking windows10 and xp

1. networking windows10 and xp - Similar Threads - networking windows10

2. How do I get Windows 11 and Windows10 computers to network so that the Win 11 computer can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 11 and Windows10 computers to network so that the Win 11 computer can...: I have a Win 11 computerRONS4 networked with a Win 10 computerRONS3. The Win 10 computer can see files on the Win 11 computer and can manipulate them. But the Win 11 computer cannot see the files on the Win 10 computer. The error message is: "Network error. Windows cannot...
  3. How do I get Windows 11 and Windows10 computers to network so that the Win 11 computer can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Windows 11 and Windows10 computers to network so that the Win 11 computer can...: I have a Win 11 computerRONS4 networked with a Win 10 computerRONS3. The Win 10 computer can see files on the Win 11 computer and can manipulate them. But the Win 11 computer cannot see the files on the Win 10 computer. The error message is: "Network error. Windows cannot...
  4. Network & Internet Settings Windows10

Network & Internet Settings Windows10: Recently I have been having some problems with my DSL internet connection. The online tech support forum I am discussing this matter with trying to resolve the issue wants a screenshot of the Properties of Network & Internet Settings. Except for the IP address which they said...
  5. Network & Internet Settings Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Internet Settings Windows10: Recently I have been having some problems with my DSL internet connection. The online tech support forum I am discussing this matter with trying to resolve the issue wants a screenshot of the Properties of Network & Internet Settings. Except for the IP address which they said...
  6. Network & Internet Settings Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Network Adapter and Bluetooth not working after latest Windows10 update 2nd week March 2023

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Adapter and Bluetooth not working after latest Windows10 update 2nd week March 2023: Windows10 latest update, no Wifi connection. Restarted still no connection. Followed troubleshooter prompts managed to uninstall network adapter driver. Bluetooth also gone? Currently USB tethered to mobile phone to scour for help online. In Device manager I can find...
  8. Network Adapter and Bluetooth not working after latest Windows10 update 2nd week March 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter and Bluetooth not working after latest Windows10 update 2nd week March 2023: Windows10 latest update, no Wifi connection. Restarted still no connection. Followed troubleshooter prompts managed to uninstall network adapter driver. Bluetooth also gone? Currently USB tethered to mobile phone to scour for help online. In Device manager I can find...
  9. Network Adapter and Bluetooth not working after latest Windows10 update 2nd week March 2023

10. Why is my windows 7+ Edition: windows10 not connecting to public network? I am the only one...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my windows 7+ Edition: windows10 not connecting to public network? I am the only one...: I want to also know how I remove the bunch of malware and viruses my PC has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-7-edition-windows10-not/bf6a6645-f002-434e-8e73-7fc497c198f9