Windows 10: Networking with a Windows 7 PC - solved for me

Discus and support Networking with a Windows 7 PC - solved for me in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had created a Homegroup on a Windows 7 PC a number of years ago, without incident. I was networking two Window 7 machines. My now Windows 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jack804, Jul 31, 2015.

1. jack804 Win User

Networking with a Windows 7 PC - solved for me

I had created a Homegroup on a Windows 7 PC a number of years ago, without incident. I was networking two Window 7 machines.

My now Windows 10 PC was unable to join this Homegroup, or access the shares. It kept telling me that I did not have the necessary permission or network password, etc.

I removed my Windows 7 PC from the Homegroup.
    I then created a new Homegroup on my Windows 10 PC with a different network password.
    I then joined my Windows 7 PC to the new network.

I am no longer having any network problems between these two PC's. I even rebooted my Windows 10 machine to make sure.

I hope this works for those of you who are having similar issues.

:)

jack804, Jul 31, 2015

2. Can not connect to our office networking (main sever also upgraded to Window 10)

Original Title: networking

recently just upgraded from Window 7 pro to Window 10. Unfortunately, after upgrading to Window 10, my PC can not connect to our office networking (main sever also upgraded to Window 10). Before that, all the PC can connect and sharing each other. Can
    you provide me the step and how to solve the problem.

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Amy

floraltex wallpaper, Jul 31, 2015
  3. JOBINAY Win User
    The 4 pc's can see each other but they cannot join the homegroup. can no longer detect a homegroup on this network".

Hi. Is there anybody who can help me solve this issue with Windows 10 Homegroup Network? The 4 pc's can see each other but they cannot join the homegroup I've created. I've tried it to the different pc's but still getting the same result..."windows can no
    longer detect a homegroup on this network". This is really killing our time because we only have 1 printer in the office.

Please do help me and give me solutions to solve this issue. thanks and more power.

OP - Windows 10 Homegroup Network

JOBINAY, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Networking with a Windows 7 PC - solved for me

1. Networking with a Windows 7 PC - solved for me - Similar Threads - Networking solved

2. How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?: my Wi-Fi range stays only 1 even if its near to connection and disconnects even if laptop is away less than 1 meter. Tried updating and installing device drivers but didn't work. Disabled-Enabled network but not worked. Solution PLEASE!...
  3. How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?: my Wi-Fi range stays only 1 even if its near to connection and disconnects even if laptop is away less than 1 meter. Tried updating and installing device drivers but didn't work. Disabled-Enabled network but not worked. Solution PLEASE!...
  4. How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to solve the wifi network issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the wifi network issue?: I can't see the wifi option, even after I reseted my network within 5min the wifi option is disappearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-the-wifi-network-issue/af3ec8a3-889a-4f67-bf22-5f8dd4cdd2b2
  6. How to solve the wifi network issue?

How to solve the wifi network issue?: I can't see the wifi option, even after I reseted my network within 5min the wifi option is disappearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-the-wifi-network-issue/af3ec8a3-889a-4f67-bf22-5f8dd4cdd2b2
  7. How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network: I have Asus notebook as my laptop and the wifi driver is IntelR AC 9641. My problem is my wifi is connecting with my wifi network Directly if it connected it showing no internet and secured and if I connect the same wifi network throughout my mobile hotspot it is connecting...
  8. How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network

How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network: I have Asus notebook as my laptop and the wifi driver is IntelR AC 9641. My problem is my wifi is connecting with my wifi network Directly if it connected it showing no internet and secured and if I connect the same wifi network throughout my mobile hotspot it is connecting...
  9. [SOLVED][WORKAROUND] Problems after Reset this PC - Bypass Let's connect you to network W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [SOLVED][WORKAROUND] Problems after Reset this PC - Bypass Let's connect you to network W10: Hi all,I initiated the process of "Reset this PC". But now I am stuck on the screen "Welcome to First Orion! Enter your First Orion email." and is asking me for a email:I tried to put my Office365 account, but it says is incorrectI tried to put my Skype account GMAIL, but it...
  10. HOW CAN I SOLVE THE NETWORK AND UPDATES ISSUES?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW CAN I SOLVE THE NETWORK AND UPDATES ISSUES?: So here is the issue:I had been facing update issues as whenever i go to update site it pops up your device is missing important security files. I have not been able to update my laptop for about 4 month now... About a month ago the netwrok issue started .. It usually shows...