Windows 10: Networking with ICS (question before I do)

Discus and support Networking with ICS (question before I do) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a network drawn out like this. The problem is 'tablet' has no internet. Tablet can connect to wireless on the router and then access the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jurugi, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Jurugi Win User

Networking with ICS (question before I do)

I have a network drawn out like this. The problem is 'tablet' has no internet. Tablet can connect to wireless on the router and then access the network pcs by IP. But the tablet is on android, and can't be configured like windows. How can I get a connection like WAN/INTERNET being fed into the router switch and then broadcasting to each connected (wired/wireless) PC or tablet? Bridge mode?

Can I use ICS and then replug in PC1 to the router, then router should broadcast with internet? I haven't tried it yet. This is only a problem due to a employer's bad programming skill. I know there are many configs and ways to 'get internet' and fix these things, but in this case I want the router to broadcast internet (no wired WAN input). I want the wired ones to keep their static IPs.

I can also try to put bridged mode on each the PCs (the wifi with internet and ethernet with no internet) and then assign new static ips, hopefully they can still communicate with each other after that. I will try these and hopefully quickly see what happens. If not I need help.

Blue and green wavy lines are WIRELESS. Other lines are ETHERNET. The set up works fine but not for the tablet; it can either connect to WAN and then can't access the network PCs or it can connect to the router with no internet. Help is appreciated.

Networking with ICS (question before I do) 3e845054-40c6-4f6b-a732-2b17dcce8173?upload=true.png

:)

Jurugi, Aug 4, 2019
  2. DonTolson Win User

NETWORK IC

Hmmmm, never heard of that one before. What do you mean by a 'network IC' complaint? Can you give us more details? What is a network IC?

DonTolson, Sep 29, 2019
  3. ARUN M O Win User
    NETWORK IC

My phone has network IC compalint. Local Nokia Care office returned it . How can I replace network IC?

Model - Lumia 520

Date of purchase - july 2013

Place: Alappuzha, Kerala, India

ARUN M O, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Networking with ICS (question before I do) - Similar Threads - Networking ICS question

2. Windows 10 - when I run ICS I lose connection to my local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - when I run ICS I lose connection to my local network: I'm trying to get my home wired network used for online training to connect to the internet. When I run ICS on my main computer which has both wifi and cable I lose connection to my wired network but I can still access the internet through the wifi. Restarting my computer...
  3. ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared: Hello all I have an odd issue. When rebooting my laptop at home all devices on the same switch will lose internet. It seems to be coming from the ICS service, the odd thing is I do not have any connection shared as far as I can see in network connections. I have the latest...
  4. ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared: Hello all I have an odd issue. When rebooting my laptop at home all devices on the same switch will lose internet. It seems to be coming from the ICS service, the odd thing is I do not have any connection shared as far as I can see in network connections. I have the latest...
  5. Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB: I use a Pi4, which I have recently switched over to get network and power over the usb-c port. All working well on my linux machine with a bridged connection to the usb-c port powering the pi. I haven’t been able to think of how to implement this in windows, as well as...
  6. Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10: Hello! Im in the process of moving and i cant run an ethernet cable from my room into the living room yet where the modem is. Im trying to use my old toshiba laptop running Windows 7 as a wifi receiver using ICS and connecting it directly to my desktop running Windows 10...
  7. Cortana disappears before I can ask a question

in Cortana
    Cortana disappears before I can ask a question: Cortana pops up but disappears before I can ask a question. Can I lock it onto my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-disappears-before-i-can-ask-a-question/ebdf5a39-b67a-4899-95bd-adc5c97e0295"
  8. Licensing Question - Before I Buy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing Question - Before I Buy: It's unclear to me exactly how the licensing works with my product key if I purchase Windows 10. 1: Will I be able to install and use my product key on both my desktop and laptop without restriction? 2: Will I have to purchase another product key when I decide or have...
  9. Question before upgrading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question before upgrading: On a spare hard drive I have, I Installed 7 Pro 64Bit w/SP1. How, if possible, do I upgrade to 10 w/o having to download all the Telemetry KB updates? 57376
  10. Upgrading today, few questions before I do so

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading today, few questions before I do so: Right now I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Last time I tried to upgrade to Win10 it couldn't verify my license key, and I kinda figured its due to how legit my key is. I may or may not have bought it and it may or may not be from "the bay". Anyway, my plan is to buy a Win7...