Windows 10: networking

Discus and support networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to connect two computers via an Ethernet switch. also want to access internet from both computers through an internet modem which is connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by amee-n, Dec 5, 2018.

1. amee-n Win User

networking

I want to connect two computers via an Ethernet switch. also want to access internet from both computers through an internet modem which is connected to one of the computer. can anyone tell me how to set up the ip configuaration in this set up.

:)

amee-n, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

networking

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

networking

1. networking - Similar Threads - networking

2. Network Reset broke my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Reset broke my computer: Hello, recently i used the network reset that windows has on their settings. It told me it was going to restart in 5 mins but i decided to just restart it myself. After the reset my ethernet was not even in device manger and now i have no internet. I decided to try and...
  3. Trouble with installing older network driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with installing older network driver: I'm trying to install an older network driver because the latest drivers cause my connection to drop randomly. I've successfully installed this driver previously before, but after trying out another driver which didn't work, I tried to reinstall this older driver. However,...
  4. rename cellular available network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rename cellular available network: Does anyone know how to change the name of this [img] running Windows 10 Home version 1909 153054
  5. Network a Windows computer with another

Network a Windows computer with another: I graduated from a technical school with an A.S.T. in Network Administration and Security and one of my instructors, along with I believe a Windows 7 textbook, explained how to network 2 Windows computers together. I performed this at home with 2 computers I had at that...
  6. Is "Mobile Hotspot" feature the same with manually create "Hosted Network" ?

Is "Mobile Hotspot" feature the same with manually create "Hosted Network" ?: I use a USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN723N which support Hosted Network. I've tried to manually create a Hosted Network without any internet connection guided from the internet : 1. netsh wlan show drivers ---> Hosted network supported : Yes 2. netsh wlan set...
  7. Manually connect to wireless network not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually connect to wireless network not showing: I’m trying to manually connect my desktop to WiFi. I looked up the steps to do this on google and they tell me to go to network and sharing center, and then click “Set up a new connection or network.” After this I am supposed to click on “Manually connect to wireless...
  8. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?: Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired...
  9. How to limit my network shares to me only?

How to limit my network shares to me only?: So my kids are getting older, and i have a metric ton of important data i need to protect as much as possible. On the other side, i need the convenience of having it shared on the network. I use drives from all 3 of my pc's shared so i can access them from one another, and...
  10. how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?

how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...