Windows 10: networkproblem/cannot see win 10-/win7-computers

Discus and support networkproblem/cannot see win 10-/win7-computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since the last update the win 7- and win 10-computers cannot see each other anymore how can i fix my network again??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by B.Bastian, Mar 24, 2019.

1. B.Bastian Win User

networkproblem/cannot see win 10-/win7-computers

since the last update the win 7- and win 10-computers cannot see each other anymore

how can i fix my network again??

:)

B.Bastian, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Scoobydu Win User

homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Mar 24, 2019
  3. jwb1965 Win User
    win 10 upgrade crashes computer and will not load windows

PC Win7 64 bit. I tried to do Win 10 upgrade and not save files or apps. PC crashed during upgrade. I tried all the steps listed. It would not let me load image disks that I had made or the system repair disk. I tried to restore to factory setting.
    That didn't work. Now the computer tries to load windows but its tells me the computer was shut down improperly and restarts with the same message. It will not start in save mode.

jwb1965, Mar 24, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. networkproblem/cannot see win 10-/win7-computers - Similar Threads - networkproblem cannot win7

2. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 can't see win 10 computers: I have 2 desktop computers running windows 10 home v. 22h2 and one running windows 11 home. the windows 10 computers can see the windows 11 computer but the win 11 can't see the win 10 computers. all networks are set to private and set to share without password protection....
  3. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 can't see win 10 computers: I have 2 desktop computers running windows 10 home v. 22h2 and one running windows 11 home. the windows 10 computers can see the windows 11 computer but the win 11 can't see the win 10 computers. all networks are set to private and set to share without password protection....
  4. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Win7 / Win 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 / Win 10 Drivers: I have a Win7 machine with an IntelR Ethernet Connection 2 1219-v controller with Win10 on a Dual boot.Until last week I was able to boot into either OS. In a moment of gross stupidity I formatted my Win 10 SSD and then butchered my Clone backup.Attempting to do a fresh...
  7. Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have had my desktop upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. I cannot connect to the internet now. I use Satellite NBN. Also use a wireless router for the laptop. Laptop connects fine also running W10 I have direct connected to BB modem with ethernet cable shows...
  8. Cannot upgrade to WIN 10 from WIN7 sp1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to WIN 10 from WIN7 sp1: Hi All, I have tried to upgrade from 7 to 10 at least 6 times and in every instance I get "The Installation failed in SAFE_OS Phase with an error during Replicate_OC operation 0x8007001f - 0x20006" then it reverts to back to 7. (To be clear, the install goes to the very end...
  9. Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro: For some reason, I cannot see my networked computers on the network after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I have 4 windows 10 Pro computers on my home network, all was working before the update. Home group network appears to be working. Network Discovery is enabled. Thanks...
  10. win 10 to win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 to win7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page. 13264