Windows 10: never been so peed off with a PC

Discus and support never been so peed off with a PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So today I have had an error message concerning "Action not allowed you are not Administrator" red box messgae. This stopped me opening my excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dukerod, Feb 24, 2016.

1. dukerod Win User

never been so peed off with a PC

So today I have had an error message concerning "Action not allowed you are not Administrator" red box messgae. This stopped me opening my excel programs and others .

I thought it was my printer driver as it was only when I tried to pring so I uninsatlled the driver and tried to reinstall drivers .

No Luck then suddenly my computer displayed an unhappy emoji and said windows i attmepting repair! Needless tosay I cold do nothing and the computer finished repair with the message " repair could not be carried out" Ggrrrrrrr.

I tried sytem restore but no luck so in desperation i set up system recovery and reinstalled the factory image after much donloading Windows 8.1 is now back on my Pc / Laptop. but when I try to download Win 10 it goes through the motions but does not install .

I had installed win10 when I first started my computer and I have to say i loved it .

My question is because I have gone back to 8.1 win and have already used my free Win 10 can I not put Win 10 back on
    to the laptop ?

In Desperation Rod

:)

dukerod, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Booga23 Win User

Windows 10 updates fail to install

An Answer Tech just did most of these steps on my PC to try to fix the update error but it did not work.

I have seen that it might have something to do with my Nvidia graphics drivers.

I am getting really peed off with this and am starting to wish I had never upgraded. I am outside the 1 month window, so I guess I am stuck.

Booga23, Feb 24, 2016
  3. glennuk Win User
    Nokia 6300 driving me crazy

It wont let me complete the update. It goes through the first part fine, downloads the data. Then goes to updating software says it will take 15 mins then just doesnt move and phone keeps turning off and stopping process. never got past 15 minute mark
    left.

Really peed off

glennuk, Feb 24, 2016
  4. never been so peed off with a PC

You should be able to do the free upgrade over and over. I've done it twice on the same PC at least once in my testing. Your other option is to do a clean install of Windows 10 and skip the whole upgrade hassle. If you did the free upgrade and activated that version of Windows 10, that PC now has a digital entitlement for that version of Windows 10. You can just do a clean install, of that exact same version, and click skip when asked for a key. It will activate with the digital entitlement. If that PC has an OEM embedded key for Window 8 or 8.1, the current install media will read it and use it to auto select the matching version and activate.
    You can get install media here, Software Download

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

alphanumeric, Feb 25, 2016
  5. dukerod Win User
    Thanks for the advice as it happens i have managed to install win 10 again and it is so far going well strange thing is it seems slightly different this time some apps missing off display but it works and i will keep om learning as i go along. *Biggrin

dukerod, Feb 25, 2016
  6. The factory installed Apps, that the OEM added to the original factory install will be missing. I did a clean install to get rid of that junk. If there was one you actually used you can reinstall it. Go to the Store, and then look in your "My Library". Any App that was ever installed under your Microsoft ID will be listed there. Click it and you can download and install it again.

alphanumeric, Feb 25, 2016
  7. dukerod Win User
    Thanks great advice i will check it out.

dukerod, Feb 25, 2016
  8. never been so peed off with a PC

I just did a clean install on my desktop PC this morning. It was a bit slow to boot up and I had some software that wasn't working correctly. Took me a little more than an hour to install Windows 10, Office 2016, setup Outlook and tweak my Windows settings etc. Nice and snappy now.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

never been so peed off with a PC

1. never been so peed off with a PC - Similar Threads - never been peed

2. Failed to Update Windows 10, PC will also never shuts off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to Update Windows 10, PC will also never shuts off: My PC won't ever shut off when using the power or shutdown Windows button.My PC always either needs an update or updates when I turn it on, but when Windows tries to update it consistently fails and has to undo whatever updates it attempted before the update hit ~95%.I ran...
  3. Windows 11 Pro turning screen off though set to never do so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro turning screen off though set to never do so: I've been through the forums and found people with similar problems, but none of the solutions work for me. I have a new computer, a Dell Latitude 5520, running Windows 11 Pro. The screen insists on dimming after one minute and then turning off, requiring me to enter my...
  4. Windows 11 Pro turning screen off though set to never do so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro turning screen off though set to never do so: I've been through the forums and found people with similar problems, but none of the solutions work for me. I have a new computer, a Dell Latitude 5520, running Windows 11 Pro. The screen insists on dimming after one minute and then turning off, requiring me to enter my...
  5. Hi I need help with my pc. It has never been updated ever since I bought it, so now the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I need help with my pc. It has never been updated ever since I bought it, so now the...: Hi I need help with my pc. It has never been updated ever since I bought it, so now the problem is i want to update it...it gives me problems...even wen i try to get in to google i can't download...
  6. Hi I need help with my pc. It has never been updated ever since I bought it, so now the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi I need help with my pc. It has never been updated ever since I bought it, so now the...: Hi I need help with my pc. It has never been updated ever since I bought it, so now the problem is i want to update it...it gives me problems...even wen i try to get in to google i can't download...
  7. Accounts been hacked, found sign in in an area that Ive never been to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accounts been hacked, found sign in in an area that Ive never been to: Ive been having constant trouble being hacked. I believe it has been my son as well as others in my family and really want this to stop. I just got a new laptop and see that my account was accessed from an area Ive never been in. How can I go about having this looked into?...
  8. Accounts been hacked, found sign in in an area that Ive never been to

Accounts been hacked, found sign in in an area that Ive never been to: Ive been having constant trouble being hacked. I believe it has been my son as well as others in my family and really want this to stop. I just got a new laptop and see that my account was accessed from an area Ive never been in. How can I go about having this looked into?...
  9. How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when...: Hi, how can I get my computer to sleep? Right now, the box is checked next to "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep" and, when unchecked, the "Apply" button goes gray and can't be clicked. My settings show that the PC should sleep after 20 minutes, but it...
  10. Defender... its never off completely

Defender... its never off completely: Supposedly if you have another anti virus installed defender is supposed to pretty well shut down... but it doesn't... its still running... its still in my processes eating cpu and ram especially when the pc first boots up. I wanna know why... why is Microsoft so insanely...