Windows 10: Never ending queries on dwm.exe

Discus and support Never ending queries on dwm.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manomay Bundawala, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows with all the visual effects set to high , plus it doesn't lag at all, but the main thing is why is the dwm consuming like 100-150 MB of RAM.I need to update/reinstall my graphics driver every time I restart my laptop to reduce the dwm usage but absolutely no luck.The dwm spikes to 1800-1900 MB very often.I ran troubleshoote

:)

Manomay Bundawala, Nov 21, 2021
  2. ricardobohner, Nov 21, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

Interesting. Out of curiosity I switched users until In was signed in with three of my local accounts at the same time. I ended up with DWM-1, -2 & -3.

Never ending queries on dwm.exe [​IMG]

Never ending queries on dwm.exe [​IMG]

4. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Never ending queries on dwm.exe

1. Never ending queries on dwm.exe - Similar Threads - Never ending queries

2. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  3. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  4. Never Ending Loop :/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Never Ending Loop :/: I'm now in a never-ending loop of blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and then going to automatic repair trying startup repair unable to do it and then trying resetting the pc unable to do it tried every option available and unable to work. including Going into safe mode...
  5. dwm exe taking too much ram

dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  6. Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING

Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING: My specs Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x Power Supply: EVGA 600W Ram: 8X2 Steel patriot cl 15 Graphics card: RX 580 8GB GIGABYTE Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite wifi rev 1.x F33A Bios Case: Generic case Winver: 20H2 COMP 19042.746 I have tried everything from deactivating the...
  7. DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u7m40go4z8b61.png?width=666&format=png&auto=webp&s=a54ff7e9c58e02b4417c2abc2d4682e8e03c2e36 submitted by /u/mr_griffon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx0o1w/dwm_exe_high_memory_anyone_know_how_to_fix_it/
  8. Never ending Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Never ending Windows update: so i have updated my windows to the latest version bur after restart, windows keep asking me to restart again it says update for edge for windows 10 version 2004 i have restart my PC about more than 50 times but the update never finished it keep saying this [ATTACH]...
  9. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...
  10. Never-ending Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Never-ending Windows Activation: I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though I purchased this computer from Dell with Windows 10 Home pre-installed a few months short of two years ago an XPS 8920 tower....