Windows 10: Never-ending Windows Activation

Discus and support Never-ending Windows Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CraigG58, Jan 13, 2020.

1. CraigG58 Win User

Never-ending Windows Activation

I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though I purchased this computer from Dell with Windows 10 Home pre-installed a few months short of two years ago an XPS 8920 tower. I've never experienced this issue during all that time, until now.

No significant hardware updates have ever been made to this system, except for adding improved peripherals such as an upgraded mouse, keyboard, and the like.

This computer is totally up-to-date with all Windows updates, per the update dialog in “Update & Security” settings. I'm religious about that, which may have been the mistake which caused this issue in the first place.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and I've uploaded four to cover the steps I go through on a daily basis to reactivate Windows, which completes successfully. That is, until the following day when the “Activate Windows” watermark returns and I have to go through the entire process all over again:

Description of images:

1 Watermark displayed, indicating Windows is not activated.

2 Activation Settings, which also indicates Windows is not activated.

3 After clicking the troubleshooter in Activation Settings, it indicates Windows was successfully activated.

4 Still in Activation Settings, which confirms Windows is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account.

At that point everything is fine until the following day, when I must repeat this process, ad nauseum.

I'd also like to note that I opened a case with Microsoft Support two days ago 2020-11-11, and have the case number. On that date, I spoke with a level 1 support person about this ongoing issue, who was unable to resolve it. They assured me it would be escalated to level 2 activation support, and to expect a telephone call around 16:00 the following day. I was never called, and still haven't been two days later. That ranks right up there with some of the poorest customer service I've ever experienced.

So please, can I get a Microsoft representative who actually knows what they're talking about to assist me with possible fixes for this problem? I'd certainly appreciate it! Never-ending Windows Activation 568d66e6-ff1a-43e1-999d-9b5c417e430a?upload=true.jpg Never-ending Windows Activation 81b20659-221e-4c5a-8bad-7043efe78299?upload=true.jpg Never-ending Windows Activation cc440846-fee2-4118-83c6-040c868b4c36?upload=true.jpg Never-ending Windows Activation 854aa4b9-aff2-4649-8587-c29f45bfb2c3?upload=true.jpg

:)

CraigG58, Jan 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 13, 2020
  3. kas202 Win User
    Nokia 130 call ended problem!

I have this problem too Never-ending Windows Activation :(. If the display during the call is inactive, call end key does not end the call. Steps to reproduce:

• Make a call
    • After 1 min is display inactive
    • Press call end key --> display is active
    • Press call end key again --> the call ends
    Never-ending Windows Activation :(

kas202, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows 10 pro activation

Hi,

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security >
      Activation.
    • If your activation status is Connect to the Internet to activate Windows, select Activate to manually activate Windows. If this doesn’t work, you can contact customer support.

For your reference, we suggest to check the article below when updating Windows 10

Get help with Windows activation errors

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Never-ending Windows Activation - Similar Threads - Never ending Activation

2. The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.: The "Activate Windows" message never goes away. I have activated windows repeatedly but the message always comes back. Thanks. Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-activate-windows-message-never-goes-away/89a0e2a0-2b21-40a0-8462-12e238ea97ac"
  3. Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials: Hi, I am using WIn10 Pro 1809 and Office 365 with Documents on OneDrive. I login to Windows with my MS-Account and a Pin. Starting some two month ago (March updates) I got multiple prompts for my WIndows credentials: Often (once a day I receive): [img] [img] Every...
  4. Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials

in Windows 10 Support
    Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials: Hi, I am using WIn10 Pro 1809 and Office 365 with Documents on OneDrive. I login to Windows with my MS-Account and a Pin. Starting some two month ago (March updates) I got multiple prompts for my WIndows credentials: Often (once a day I receive): [img] [img] Every...
  5. A never ending problem with the Store no one can solve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A never ending problem with the Store no one can solve: No one, including various MS Tec Advisors, has been able to cure a long standing problem with the Store desktop app. I cannot purchase upgrades to apps, or even install an app which requires prior payment. I get a notice 'Something went wrong'. Yes,I know --- but what can be...
  6. Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though: Hello There My Dell Latitude E6420 running Windows 10 Pro, Inrel i7 VPro no longer 'catches' the Windows Insider (Slow Recommended) Updates. Since this problem started, I have had 2 or 3 updates so far installed in 2 other machines. All I can see is the message 'Checking...
  7. Win 10 update is never ending

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 update is never ending: I have a computer I believe has viruses on it. I decided to get them off today, but when I plugged it in, and turned it on, it started an update. And it was still going when I left for church 30 minutes later. My plan was to try to clean it but I will take the hdd out if...
  8. Never ending loading screen starting my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Never ending loading screen starting my computer: Hey, so i've been having more problems with my PC and i hope you could help me cause of you being so helpfull last time. So this time i've been having a worse problem than the pc crashing while using it. Now my Computer won't even start, when i do turn on my PC it goes past...
  9. Never ending boot up.... Please, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Never ending boot up.... Please, please help: Okay so recently I decided to reset my computer, as usual I encounter numerous problems. >Startup >Bios screen (Asus/Intel) >Monitor turns off >Monitor turns back on >Blue win10 logo and loading circle >Black screen for 5-10 secs >Install screen displaying 64%...
  10. Need Help Windows 10 Never Ending Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Windows 10 Never Ending Spinning Dots: So my pc was working fine I have Windows 10 pro then I was having issues with the xbox app and party connectivity so I looked it up found that if I uninstalled the teredo tunneling and reinstalled it, it was a possible fix so I did it and then windows would not load after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 loses activation every day