Windows 10: Never-ending Windows Activation

Discus and support Never-ending Windows Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CraigG58, Jan 13, 2020.

1. CraigG58 Win User

Never-ending Windows Activation

I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though I purchased this computer from Dell with Windows 10 Home pre-installed a few months short of two years ago an XPS 8920 tower. I've never experienced this issue during all that time, until now.

No significant hardware updates have ever been made to this system, except for adding improved peripherals such as an upgraded mouse, keyboard, and the like.

This computer is totally up-to-date with all Windows updates, per the update dialog in “Update & Security” settings. I'm religious about that, which may have been the mistake which caused this issue in the first place.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and I've uploaded four to cover the steps I go through on a daily basis to reactivate Windows, which completes successfully. That is, until the following day when the “Activate Windows” watermark returns and I have to go through the entire process all over again:

Description of images:

1 Watermark displayed, indicating Windows is not activated.

2 Activation Settings, which also indicates Windows is not activated.

3 After clicking the troubleshooter in Activation Settings, it indicates Windows was successfully activated.

4 Still in Activation Settings, which confirms Windows is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account.

At that point everything is fine until the following day, when I must repeat this process, ad nauseum.

I'd also like to note that I opened a case with Microsoft Support two days ago 2020-11-11, and have the case number. On that date, I spoke with a level 1 support person about this ongoing issue, who was unable to resolve it. They assured me it would be escalated to level 2 activation support, and to expect a telephone call around 16:00 the following day. I was never called, and still haven't been two days later. That ranks right up there with some of the poorest customer service I've ever experienced.

So please, can I get a Microsoft representative who actually knows what they're talking about to assist me with possible fixes for this problem? I'd certainly appreciate it! Never-ending Windows Activation 568d66e6-ff1a-43e1-999d-9b5c417e430a?upload=true.jpg Never-ending Windows Activation 81b20659-221e-4c5a-8bad-7043efe78299?upload=true.jpg Never-ending Windows Activation cc440846-fee2-4118-83c6-040c868b4c36?upload=true.jpg Never-ending Windows Activation 854aa4b9-aff2-4649-8587-c29f45bfb2c3?upload=true.jpg

:)

CraigG58, Jan 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 13, 2020
  3. kas202 Win User
    Nokia 130 call ended problem!

I have this problem too Never-ending Windows Activation :(. If the display during the call is inactive, call end key does not end the call. Steps to reproduce:

• Make a call
    • After 1 min is display inactive
    • Press call end key --> display is active
    • Press call end key again --> the call ends
    Never-ending Windows Activation :(

kas202, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows 10 pro activation

Hi,

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security >
      Activation.
    • If your activation status is Connect to the Internet to activate Windows, select Activate to manually activate Windows. If this doesn’t work, you can contact customer support.

For your reference, we suggest to check the article below when updating Windows 10

Get help with Windows activation errors

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Never-ending Windows Activation - Similar Threads - Never ending Activation

2. windows quick scan never ends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows quick scan never ends: windows QUICK SCAN never finishes, as a result I always have YellowBlack exclamation mark in tool bar.Everything is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-scan-never-ends/1b871116-7419-4f99-92cc-965b37156c5a
  3. windows quick scan never ends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows quick scan never ends: windows QUICK SCAN never finishes, as a result I always have YellowBlack exclamation mark in tool bar.Everything is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-scan-never-ends/1b871116-7419-4f99-92cc-965b37156c5a
  4. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  5. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  6. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Never Ending Loop :/

Never Ending Loop :/: I'm now in a never-ending loop of blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and then going to automatic repair trying startup repair unable to do it and then trying resetting the pc unable to do it tried every option available and unable to work. including Going into safe mode...
  8. Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING

Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING: My specs Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x Power Supply: EVGA 600W Ram: 8X2 Steel patriot cl 15 Graphics card: RX 580 8GB GIGABYTE Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite wifi rev 1.x F33A Bios Case: Generic case Winver: 20H2 COMP 19042.746 I have tried everything from deactivating the...
  9. Never ending Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Never ending Windows update: so i have updated my windows to the latest version bur after restart, windows keep asking me to restart again it says update for edge for windows 10 version 2004 i have restart my PC about more than 50 times but the update never finished it keep saying this [ATTACH]...
  10. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 loses activation every day