Windows 10: Never ending Windows update

Discus and support Never ending Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so i have updated my windows to the latest version bur after restart, windows keep asking me to restart again it says update for edge for windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikuV1, Jun 11, 2020.

1. MikuV1 Win User

Never ending Windows update

so i have updated my windows to the latest version bur after restart, windows keep asking me to restart again

it says update for edge for windows 10 version 2004

i have restart my PC about more than 50 times but the update never finished

it keep saying this

Never ending Windows update 076b61ff-3bd3-4dec-9a00-a82fe40623f0?upload=true.png

:)

MikuV1, Jun 11, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 11, 2020
  3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Jun 11, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Never ending Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Never ending Windows update - Similar Threads - Never ending update

2. windows quick scan never ends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows quick scan never ends: windows QUICK SCAN never finishes, as a result I always have YellowBlack exclamation mark in tool bar.Everything is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-scan-never-ends/1b871116-7419-4f99-92cc-965b37156c5a
  3. windows quick scan never ends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows quick scan never ends: windows QUICK SCAN never finishes, as a result I always have YellowBlack exclamation mark in tool bar.Everything is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-scan-never-ends/1b871116-7419-4f99-92cc-965b37156c5a
  4. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  5. Never Ending Loop :/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Never Ending Loop :/: I'm now in a never-ending loop of blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and then going to automatic repair trying startup repair unable to do it and then trying resetting the pc unable to do it tried every option available and unable to work. including Going into safe mode...
  6. Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randoms BSOD NEVER ENDING: My specs Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x Power Supply: EVGA 600W Ram: 8X2 Steel patriot cl 15 Graphics card: RX 580 8GB GIGABYTE Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite wifi rev 1.x F33A Bios Case: Generic case Winver: 20H2 COMP 19042.746 I have tried everything from deactivating the...
  7. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...
  8. Never-ending Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Never-ending Windows Activation: I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though I purchased this computer from Dell with Windows 10 Home pre-installed a few months short of two years ago an XPS 8920 tower....
  9. Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though: Hello There My Dell Latitude E6420 running Windows 10 Pro, Inrel i7 VPro no longer 'catches' the Windows Insider (Slow Recommended) Updates. Since this problem started, I have had 2 or 3 updates so far installed in 2 other machines. All I can see is the message 'Checking...
  10. Win 10 update is never ending

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 update is never ending: I have a computer I believe has viruses on it. I decided to get them off today, but when I plugged it in, and turned it on, it started an update. And it was still going when I left for church 30 minutes later. My plan was to try to clean it but I will take the hdd out if...