Windows 10: Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar

Discus and support Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know whether there is a way in Windows 11 never to group icons on the taskbar without having to install a third-party software? For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vlad6, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Vlad6 Win User

Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar

Does anyone know whether there is a way in Windows 11 never to group icons on the taskbar without having to install a third-party software? For example, if multiple files are open in Microsoft Word, I want all of them to be displayed as separate icons on the taskbar. Perhaps some edits may have to be made in the system's registry.

:)

Vlad6, Apr 6, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 6, 2022
  3. flycaster Win User
    Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

For some unknown reason-as usual, when I opened windows 10, my taskbar was blank. I had no idea of the method I used in the first place, but I knew I wanted to arrive at my original taskbar arrangement. However, after some trial and error trying at a fix and Google searching, I came across Andy's post (which was new to me.) I was in luck as his method was the perfect answer as I already had my taskbar groupings in file explorer; so, it was a simple matter to just follow his placement instructions. After placing the group icons into the taskbar, I did have to move the groups around and also move the icons within the groups to mimic my original ordering.

One of the benefits I noted was that the icons within the groups were "packed" closer together than if I had dragged shortcuts from file explorer and manually arranged them into groups. Due to the "packing," I now have 39 app and system icons in 6 groups and a nice sized space in the middle of the taskbar that shows minimized apps...all in one taskbar. Manually constructing the grouped taskbar would have required two taskbars! Great method, Andy, and thanks.

flycaster, Apr 6, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Never Grouping Icons

2. Can you help me to never combine, never group and have back the large taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me to never combine, never group and have back the large taskbar icons?: Can you help me to never combine, never group and have back the large taskbar icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-to-never-combine-never-group-and/42dacd42-42f3-436c-a354-4502878a5383
  3. Can you help me to never combine, never group and have back the large taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you help me to never combine, never group and have back the large taskbar icons?: Can you help me to never combine, never group and have back the large taskbar icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-to-never-combine-never-group-and/42dacd42-42f3-436c-a354-4502878a5383
  4. Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted: when my laptop boots up it takes a while 5-15 min to show the taskbar correctly icons compacted, but there are instances when it never does it and the icons stay spread out file explorer looks like so too. And on the taskbar, there's this ugly and inconvenient scroll bar to...
  5. Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons sometimes never get compacted: when my laptop boots up it takes a while 5-15 min to show the taskbar correctly icons compacted, but there are instances when it never does it and the icons stay spread out file explorer looks like so too. And on the taskbar, there's this ugly and inconvenient scroll bar to...
  6. Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar: Does anyone know whether there is a way in Windows 11 never to group icons on the taskbar without having to install a third-party software? For example, if multiple files are open in Microsoft Word, I want all of them to be displayed as separate icons on the taskbar. Perhaps...
  7. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  8. Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups

in Windows 10 News
    Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups: Taskbar groups is a new open source program for Microsoft Windows devices to create groups of icons on the taskbar. The main idea of the program is to bundle multiple shortcuts on the taskbar to save space on it. While that may not be required on large resolution systems, it...
  9. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...
  10. Taskbar icons refuse to group

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons refuse to group: Win10 pro 10240 Classic Start Menu Until recently the pinned icons and active programs would combine so that there was only one icon per program. Now the pinned icons and active ones are separate -- and filling up space. I checked the taskbar settings and it is set to...